basic tech help

There are two types of photo. One is from the internet and one is from your own computer (photos that you have taken,)

If you see a photo on the internet and you want to put it on here, just right click on the photo, click on 'copy image' and then right click on this page and click on 'paste' and the photo should appear.

It used to be easy to post one of your own pics on here, but something had changed recently and made it harder. You used to click on  'reply to this topic', then click on choose files ...  That would open up your own photo albums, you used to just click on whichever photo you wanted, then click on 'open' and it would appear on the page.  For the last several weeks when I have tried to upload one of my own pics I have got the message  - this file was larger than the maximum file size permitted of 7.021 kb, and was skipped. 

Maybe one of the moderators or the all knowing Mr Drake(when he gets back off his hols) can advise you how to do it, then you can tell me.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

I always use my smartphone to get images to put on here. As was said above, my own photos are just too big to put on. Internet images are easy, just done this;

Searched for image on phone,I've chosen Pep Guardiola.  Keep finger pressed on image,  then tap " Download Image " Image is now in phone.

Then on here tap Add Files. That takes you back to your images on phone, then tap your image in this case Pep. And it should appear on here. Then press  " insert" and then submit, and there it is.

download.jpeg.5f4ca6b3233bbd4cf71a21e5ba0a0112.jpeg

Edited by HawkMan

You can also use an image hosting site. I'm currently using https://imgur.com/ which makes it pretty easy to upload images from your computer. Once uploaded, it generates a variety* of links for each image which you just copy then paste into your posts on here.

*different websites use different link code for posting images, especially some older message boards.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

There are two types of photo. One is from the internet and one is from your own computer (photos that you have taken,)

If you see a photo on the internet and you want to put it on here, just right click on the photo, click on 'copy image' and then right click on this page and click on 'paste' and the photo should appear.

It used to be easy to post one of your own pics on here, but something had changed recently and made it harder. You used to click on  'reply to this topic', then click on choose files ...  That would open up your own photo albums, you used to just click on whichever photo you wanted, then click on 'open' and it would appear on the page.  For the last several weeks when I have tried to upload one of my own pics I have got the message  - this file was larger than the maximum file size permitted of 7.021 kb, and was skipped. 

Maybe one of the moderators or the all knowing Mr Drake(when he gets back off his hols) can advise you how to do it, then you can tell me.

thanks. I wish to share my own photographs, so thanks for the heads up about file size. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

You can also use an image hosting site. I'm currently using https://imgur.com/ which makes it pretty easy to upload images from your computer. Once uploaded, it generates a variety* of links for each image which you just copy then paste into your posts on here.

*different websites use different link code for posting images, especially some older message boards.

thanks I'll give it a go during the emmerdale coronation street dead zone. 

13 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I always use my smartphone to get images to put on here. As was said above, my own photos are just too big to put on. Internet images are easy, just done this;

Searched for image on phone,I've chosen Pep Guardiola.  Keep finger pressed on image,  then tap " Download Image " Image is now in phone.

Then on here tap Add Files. That takes you back to your images on phone, then tap your image in this case Pep. And it should appear on here. Then press  " insert" and then submit, and there it is.

download.jpeg.5f4ca6b3233bbd4cf71a21e5ba0a0112.jpeg

thanks 

9 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

thanks. I wish to share my own photographs, so thanks for the heads up about file size. 

apologies, just seen your post on the photothread! glad the other members could offer help and look forward to seeing your postings soon! ( as corrie allows)

• Like 1