Occitanie u17s Selection tour.

Hello my son has been picked for this selection to tour England, they play games in Yorkshire and Wigan, lock lane ground, west bowling ground, orrell st James and at Wigan st pat's, 

It says rfl selections, does this mean the community game or will they be playing scholarship/academy players? 

They leave Saturday morning from Perpignan by coach and get back the 6th November, 

It says north west select and Yorkshire, anyone any idea?

Thanks, 

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 5

It certainly sounds to me like these will be players from the community clubs as Lock Lane ground, West Bowling, Orrell St James and Wigan st pat's are all community clubs.

As we are out of the Pro/Academy season now, there may be a possibility that players attached to Pro Acadamies that came from these clubs would play but I would think it unlikely. 

What age group will be playing?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

https://www.to13.com/actualites/la-selection-u17-de-la-ligue-occitanie-simpose-face-aux-u17-anglais/

This Tuesday, October 25, a young and unprecedented meeting was held between the U17 selection of the Occitanie League and the English U17 Lions Regional East team at Lock Lane Stadium in Castleford. The young players trained and supervised by Marc FAUMINA, Yannick CHIFFOLLEAU and Bertrand SALVETAT won 6 to 24 to start this autumn tour.

3 players from the U17 team of Toulouse Olympique were selected: Trévor CHIFFOLLEAU, Victor COLLIN and Roméo TROPIS, the latter being the author of the final attempt of the match. The game started on the top of wheels with a try on both sides after 15 minutes of play, the score will not move until the last minutes of the first period, when the French score a try to be ahead of the score at the break, 6-12. The second period will be much calmer, we have to wait until the last 10 minutes of the match to see the young Occitans score two tries that will seal the score 6-24.

Next meetings of the tour:

• Saturday, October 29 - 11:00 am
  • Tuesday, November 1 - 6:30 p.m.
  • Friday, November 4 - 6:00 pm

On 20/10/2022 at 12:31, barnyia said:

Hello my son has been picked for this selection to tour England, they play games in Yorkshire and Wigan, lock lane ground, west bowling ground, orrell st James and at Wigan st pat's, 

It says rfl selections, does this mean the community game or will they be playing scholarship/academy players? 

They leave Saturday morning from Perpignan by coach and get back the 6th November, 

It says north west select and Yorkshire, anyone any idea?

Thanks, 

It's badged as England Community Lions U 17's.

The English players will be selected from regional community clubs. Academy players will be  too old and mostly professional ,   some scholarship lads likely to be involved as Scholarship players  in England officially remain available to their junior club and are not contracted.

I'll be doing my best to get down to  Wigan St Patricks on friday 4th November K O 6pm. when you meet the  Regional West side.

Should be a great craic. I can certainly recommend their Guinness.

Followed by the England QF at DW the day after....?