10 Games To Go.

Mr Hicks

How many wins can anyone name out of the remaining fixtures. Today we were beaten in every department. We have no forwards,  no half backs and a  mediocre back line.

This team wouldn't be top of the Championship 1 let alone competing in the Championship. 

We dont have to listen and watch videos of Ryan telling us everything is ok because it's not. This is all about them putting money in. All the decisions that have been made recently are financial. There is no other reason. There has been no explanation why Crooks and Chisholm have left so we have think its wages. We cannot expect to lose the calibre of players we have done and think we will be ok.

Yes I will still support Keighley next year as I have done for more than 50 years but I certainly wont be travelling to Cornwall, London, Midlands etc. Yes I mean we will get relegated this season unless steps are taken now.

• Like 2

Round 18 | YORK CITY KNIGHTS
Sunday 9th July | Venue: Cougar Park | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 19 | WIDNES VIKINGS
Sunday 16th July | Venue: Cougar Park | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 20 | TOULOUSE OLYMPIQUE
Saturday 29th July | Venue: Stade Ernest-Wallon | Kick Off: 6pm (GMT)

Round 21 | SWINTON LIONS
Sunday 6th August | Venue: Heywood Road | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 22 | BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sunday 20th August | Venue: Cougar Park | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 23 | FEATHERSTONE ROVERS
Sunday 27th August | Venue: Millenium Stadium | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 24 | BARROW RAIDERS
Sunday 3rd September | Venue: Cougar Park | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 25 | SHEFFIELD EAGLES
Friday 8th September | Venue: Olympic Legacy Park | Kick Off: 7:45pm

Round 26 | HALIFAX PANTHERS
Sunday 17th September | Venue: Cougar Park | Kick Off: 3pm

Round 27 | LONDON BRONCOS
Sunday 24th September | Venue: Cherry Red Records Stadium | Kick Off: 3pm

Got to be targeting our home games. York, Widnes, Barrow, Batley and Fax all at home. I'd say we need to find 3 wins out of those 5. Then we have Swinton, London and Sheffield away from home, and I'd say if we can find a win in one of those we will be doing well. 

I'm completely writing off Fev and Toulouse away from home. 

That said, if we perform like we did yesterday we wouldn't beat Cornwall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BullyXL said:

I only see you winning perhaps one of them at home v Widnes. Don't see you winning any away from home against those 3.

It's impossible to predict and a lot will come down to how quickly our injury list relents. If we can get Agoro, Storey, Kesik, Trout, Young and Ioane back in sooner rather than later, and then get Sweeting and Sa'u integrated into the team, then we have a chance against Widnes, York and Barrow. Batley and Fax will be more difficult but neither are unbeatable.

If reports are true and we are looking for new players then that would also help, especially a prop or 2. Though I'm not holding my breath.

I think consideration should be given to the fact that at this time of the season many players are effectively signed up with other clubs for next years campaign, and that ' extra one per cent ' is often missing;despite some reminding me about being 'professional'. 

Continuity,familiarity and confidence also has a huge bearing.

I rarely predict,or attempt to predict,at the best of times.This isn't the best of times.

Another training night.Will there be another announcement?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

With all the uncertainty around at the moment you would think that the club would steady the ship. 

When Santi left it was more or less instant that they made a an announcement regards the ins and outs of his departure.

Weeks on and Crooks has left followed by Chisholm without any explanation from the club followed by a embarrassing performance against Bradford and still no word.

Whatever the reason why all this has happened in my eyes deserves some kind of comment from the club. Surely the fans who pay hard earned money and pay through the turn stiles week in week out home and away deserve some news even if it's not want we really want to hear.

• Like 3

I am still waiting for our In The Know,Indigogo,to confirm the demolition of the old stand,after 9 of the remaining 10 games,and confirmation that planning permission has been granted for the new stand. 

1 hour ago, Mr Hicks said:

Personally I have no interest in the stand. I want a competitive team on the pitch then the rest will follow. A new stand isn't any good when were in the division below with 400 fans in the ground 

You were confident on 23rd May and started a ' Good Things Happening ' thread - This after reading the Fans Forum Q & A.

Has something changed?

Your right I was trying to be positive. Problem is the owners seemed to have backtracked on what they said that evening. Results gone from bad to worse, our best players are departing and this is all within 6 weeks of the post I started.

I really hoped good things were happening but until they do the stand is the least of supporters worries.

I really hope we can turn York and Widnes over and give us a bit of breathing space but I would like to see some good things start to happen.

Edited by Mr Hicks
Spelling

On 06/07/2023 at 09:12, Angelic Cynic said:

I am still waiting for our In The Know,Indigogo,to confirm the demolition of the old stand,after 9 of the remaining 10 games,and confirmation that planning permission has been granted for the new stand. 

I don't know anything about the stand, unfortunately. I seem to remember Ryan saying we would hear back in July on whether planning permission was accepted or not.