Sun 16th July: The Betfred League One Match Thread

A bit disappointing yesterday, Workington the better team and deserved winners. But with our points difference compared to Rochdale, losing by just 8 points is as good as a draw.

The large Town following were a very welcome sight, boosting the crowd to just over 600. We need every penny we can get at the moment with the club's recovery in the post central funding age in tatters due to the ground issues.

Next home game back on the North Wales coast in two weeks time.........in sunny Rhyl.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

7 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

A bit disappointing yesterday, Workington the better team and deserved winners. But with our points difference compared to Rochdale, losing by just 8 points is as good as a draw.

The large Town following were a very welcome sight, boosting the crowd to just over 600. We need every penny we can get at the moment with the club's recovery in the post central funding age in tatters due to the ground issues.

Next home game back on the North Wales coast in two weeks time.........in sunny Rhyl.

Will you get back to Eirias for the last week of the regular season (or potential home play-off matches) or is that it for Colwyn this year?

34 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

As one of the sadder stattos on this forum, any idea of some of our other home gates? Hmmm, Rhyl - another new ground for the collection, nice drive to get there.

4 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

As one of the sadder stattos on this forum, any idea of some of our other home gates? Hmmm, Rhyl - another new ground for the collection, nice drive to get there.

Next two home games, against Cornwall and Doncater at Rhyl RUFC. No stands there but apparently a very good clubhouse.

Not officially announced yet, but was being talked about in the clubhouse after the game, and I spoke to someone involved in running the club, in the Turf when we got back to Wrexham.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

40 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Will you get back to Eirias for the last week of the regular season (or potential home play-off matches) or is that it for Colwyn this year?

I don't honestly know if we will be back at Eirias for the last game against London Skolars, and to be fair I don't think the club know either. It will be interesting to see if the pre-season friendly for the union team goes ahead on 12th August.

We can't finish above 6th place now, so any playoff games will be away from home.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

I don't honestly know if we will be back at Eirias for the last game against London Skolars, and to be fair I don't think the club know either. It will be interesting to see if the pre-season friendly for the union team goes ahead on 12th August.

We can't finish above 6th place now, so any playoff games will be away from home.

I would put my money on the union team having no disruption whatsoever. This is a terrible situation for the club. Coventry Bears had something similar happen and it had a huge impact on finances. Hopefully with a chance to regroup in the summer the club can look at options for next year 

• Like 1