Ian Lenaghan - Please come back to London!!

On 16/07/2023 at 22:55, DI Keith Fowler said:

He's saying the understanding that it's 400k in rent is incorrect and it's actually effectively free because of the loan.

John desperately needs someone to proof read his stuff though, there's often stuff posted on Patreon that's misspelt or confusingly worded like this. 

Well that doesn't sell to me.

As for "free" surely it's figuratively, not literally so.

So LB pay £400k in rent, but the interest/repayment of the bridging loan exceeds that.

Just journalese. 

Have to say RL not owning a ground jointly with LB is a mistake and failure on all part imo.

As for Leneghan, he can, if he wishes, become a fellow co owner at Salford. Welcome.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

On 18/07/2023 at 04:15, Londonbornirishbred said:

I'd say 15 years and £30,000,000 of his money spent with another £20,000,000 of Central funding to take a Full time pro SL side with sponsors and an average of 4,500 fans watching in a rugby stadium paying £200,000 rent and it being 100% available to them to a part time mid table 2nd tier side, playing in a soccer stadium as well as 2 or 3 others when not allowed play at the soccer stadium that costs £200,000, with no sponsors and watched by 900 fans is hardly the work of a fiscal genius.

But he does well enough to earn the money in the first place. 

14 hours ago, dealwithit said:

But he does well enough to earn the money in the first place. 

I didn't day he wasn't a smart cookie in terms of selling oil.

What I did say is his personality combined with his inability to grasp how to run a sports club has seen the better part of £50,000,000 investment in RL go down the crapper in 15 years

But he's not alone. Bearded wonder Branson also thought that sticking posts in the ground and announcing a KO time was "marketing" and look how long he bothered. Same with the tie in with Brisbane at the start.

The reality is that you need SKY TV/RFL/SL buy in to London like there was with Melbourne back in the early NRL days. Problem us, the UK is too one eyed to see the bigger picture.

But none of that detracts from the fact that the London Broncos are a car crash of a club and David Hughes is currently at the wheel and responsible. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

I didn't day he wasn't a smart cookie in terms of selling oil.

What I did say is his personality combined with his inability to grasp how to run a sports club has seen the better part of £50,000,000 investment in RL go down the crapper in 15 years

But he's not alone. Bearded wonder Branson also thought that sticking posts in the ground and announcing a KO time was "marketing" and look how long he bothered. Same with the tie in with Brisbane at the start.

The reality is that you need SKY TV/RFL/SL buy in to London like there was with Melbourne back in the early NRL days. Problem us, the UK is too one eyed to see the bigger picture.

But none of that detracts from the fact that the London Broncos are a car crash of a club and David Hughes is currently at the wheel and responsible. 

Poorly run, yes. Does Hughes care, probably. Does Hughes realise, probably not. I guess that’s what happens when you have a different value of money to the supporters. 

Re Melbourne, News Corp were a substantial shareholder. It helped them get through the first two decades without being at risk of disbandment. For London, they ideally need the Catalan treatment, plus cap dispensation for cost of living reasons. It’s up to the RFL and its members to agree.