23 – Bailey Dawson

28 – Jack Billington

29 – Jack Bibby

30 – Dale Ferguson

31 – Reiss Butterworth

No Brad Graham I note. Is he injured?

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

I am sure many will agree that Mark Aston will have told his players after their defeat at Bradford, that they must show they mean business if they want to retain their places in the team. This means of course, that they will be out to give us a bashing.

Let’s see if my selection this week is nearer the mark the last:

O’Connor; Restall. M Walker, Greensmith, Corion; Turner, Hookem; Beckett, Butterworth, Bibby; Dawson, Garside; Collinson

subs: Sykes, Davies, Ferguson, Billington

18th man: R Dixon

not selected: Morris, J Walker,  D Dixon.

Sheffield 52-12 Dewsbury

FTS: Walker

MoM: O’Connor

Att: 857

Legs, Dews, Legs.

If only we could persuade the RL to change games to 40 mins we might be ok.  

• Like 1

Thought the lads put it in a good effort again tonight. The game went in a similar vein to the one against Toulouse.

Game plan, effort, team selection and substitutions were all good for me. 

The referee seemed fairly even handed too. Unfortunately the opposition and their powerful forwards were just too good for us in the Second half.

• Thanks 1
rambo.gif

Posted (edited)

It is Groundhog Day with these games. 

But discipline needs to improve. From reckless long passing on the first two tackles and poor play the balls; to throwing idiotic punches and getting dragged into skirmishes when we just don’t need to. I’m sure I saw some get put on report so keep your eye out for the disciplinary review this week for possible suspensions.

Skill wise we aren’t up to the standard of the likes of Sheffield. But we are in control of whether we have discipline or not, and if we do sort it then we’d immediately give ourselves a huge helping hand in these tough games.

Edited by RugbyPowelly
  • Like 2

Didn't go but Sheffield are a niggly team. Listening to Paul Match's interview, 100% completion rate in 1st half and no penalties is an incredibly effort. We just get worn down by bigger opponents. We did a lot better than many teams at Sheffield, it's a shame that once things start to go wrong, it seems to spiral. It's been a tough run of fixtures and next week the hardest of the lot. But definite signs of improvement since March took over and easier fixtures to come.

When we get that next win, think things will get even better. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Didn't go but Sheffield are a niggly team. Listening to Paul Match's interview, 100% completion rate in 1st half and no penalties is an incredibly effort.

Penalties 3-2 Sheffield in the first half. Agree with the 100% completion, though you can argue about whether a handover in midfield is a completion.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Penalties 3-2 Sheffield in the first half. Agree with the 100% completion, though you can argue about whether a handover in midfield is a completion.

I was going off what Paul March said. And getting to the end of a set is a completion whether it's a kick or a handover. 

16 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I was going off what Paul March said. And getting to the end of a set is a completion whether it's a kick or a handover. 

Just correcting facts.

• Confused 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

23 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Not one result has gone our way this weekend, unless you consider Whitehaven’s defeat to Wakefield to be so. 

Hi. We should not be reliant on results going our way. We need to concentrate on getting OUR own house in order. The infrastructure requires addressing such as a dedicated S&C etc. Round 9 completed. Are we going to simply stagnate or are we going to implement a plan with a view to ultimately achieving improvement?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Hi. We should not be reliant on results going our way. We need to concentrate on getting OUR own house in order. The infrastructure requires addressing such as a dedicated S&C etc. Round 9 completed. Are we going to simply stagnate or are we going to implement a plan with a view to ultimately achieving improvement?

Fair enough, but we still need others’ results to help us too. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Realistically it is going to take a minor miracle to avoid relegation. As this weekend has shown, other clubs will pick up wins but we can only keep.improvong. Some wins will come I'm sure, but doubt there's enough winnable fixtures left. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Clubs will just soak up our first half efforts then increase their efforts in the second half for a straightforward win.

The players are trying hard but fitness and skills are letting them down, leading to more defending and penalties against towards the end of matches. Time was when we used to finish as strongly as we began.

Time to get the maps out again.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Clubs will just soak up our first half efforts then increase their efforts in the second half for a straightforward win.

The players are trying hard but fitness and skills are letting them down, leading to more defending and penalties against towards the end of matches. Time was when we used to finish as strongly as we began.

Time to get the maps out again.

Surely as a player personal pride with the Fitness side of things should be the key 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Realistically it is going to take a minor miracle to avoid relegation. As this weekend has shown, other clubs will pick up wins but we can only keep.improvong. Some wins will come I'm sure, but doubt there's enough winnable fixtures left. 

Minor? 

Think someone is underestimating the size of the task this season

Major, impossible, humongous, massive, huge, ginormous

Are a few more applicable words

🤔

16 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Surely as a player personal pride with the Fitness side of things should be the key 

The difference between basic fitness and conditioned, directed fitness is considerable, I am told.

I confess that my personal experience of fitness issues may be less than yours.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think the lads did well on Friday, the first half was a cracking effort from us. Unfortunately its a game of two halves and Sheffield just proved to be a bit too strong in the second half. Fitness also seemed to lack slightly in the second half.

• Thanks 1

Our boss once said"we want this club to be one of the top clubs in the champ" . Well div. 1  is certain where we are going at this moment in time.  There is two huge new housing estates surrounding .What are they are doing on sunday.At the burger shop ,may be.  I would give every one of the houses ,two free tickets ,once and see what happens.Has the club sent any flyers out to them.? There used to be people fighting for the cause of the lower clubs  .For instance our old chairman.

• Like 2