Fri 24th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/24 at 19:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Fri 24th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Massive game for us this week i reckon on and off the field, there is a rapidly growing discontent among the remaining fan base who are clearly turning against Watson and the players. lose this and it could be a huge dent in our play-off hopes and also be ugly on the fans forums after too.

There's also certain players who are definitely feeling the pressure from the fans too and with Deakin, Russell and Hill in the squad a lot are hoping to see changes, myself included, if Olly Russell can't get a game with the way we've been playing he may as well leave the club now.

Personally i'd like to see Deakin start, no Milner in the squad so he's a great chance, Russell in, either Tui or Connor to be dropped and Hill if fit to replace Ikahihifo, no Greenwood either so if that's a form thing then Watto has made the correct call there.

The atmosphere at home this season has been awful due to our form, Friday could see it get even worse and the crowd even sparser as loads have already said they aren't bothering if the club can't, can't argue against that.

I fully expect Leigh to destroy us and with any luck it will be the end of Mr Watson, I really hope i'm wrong about Leigh destroying us but i would be more than happy to see the back of Mr watson, We are no nearer having a decent side now than when he came to the club and he has spent an awful lot of Mr Davy's money.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Massive game for us this week i reckon on and off the field, there is a rapidly growing discontent among the remaining fan base who are clearly turning against Watson and the players. lose this and it could be a huge dent in our play-off hopes and also be ugly on the fans forums after too.

There's also certain players who are definitely feeling the pressure from the fans too and with Deakin, Russell and Hill in the squad a lot are hoping to see changes, myself included, if Olly Russell can't get a game with the way we've been playing he may as well leave the club now.

Personally i'd like to see Deakin start, no Milner in the squad so he's a great chance, Russell in, either Tui or Connor to be dropped and Hill if fit to replace Ikahihifo, no Greenwood either so if that's a form thing then Watto has made the correct call there.

The atmosphere at home this season has been awful due to our form, Friday could see it get even worse and the crowd even sparser as loads have already said they aren't bothering if the club can't, can't argue against that.

Drop Connor ??- really, can’t stand the gobby little erk but he always seems like he can change a game for the better 

Edited by ColD

3 minutes ago, ColD said:

Drop Connor ??- really, can’t stand the gobby little erk but he always seems like he can change a game for the better 

Does he? you must be watching different games to me.

He has good moments in games but more often than not it appears he throws away chances, fails to execute decent chances, throws a tantrum, loses the plot and gives away penalties.

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

Massive game for both teams daz neither can afford to lose it, Leigh's main problem throughout the season is finishing games off we have snatched defeat ftom tge jaws of victory on a numbr of occasions hopefully from that point of view we are putting that behind us, I don't want to temp fate but I am quite confident that we will come away with the spoils, your players heads must be spinning after the last 2 games with how to turn it around and I don’t think Watson has it in him to do that.

Posted (edited)

Being totally impartial on this one and as I can't decide which of these 2 teams I dislike the most, I'll go a draw.

Edited by Pete Grady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Massive game for both teams daz neither can afford to lose it, Leigh's main problem throughout the season is finishing games off we have snatched defeat ftom tge jaws of victory on a numbr of occasions hopefully from that point of view we are putting that behind us, I don't want to temp fate but I am quite confident that we will come away with the spoils, your players heads must be spinning after the last 2 games with how to turn it around and I don’t think Watson has it in him to do that.

We have failed to score in at least 1 half of every home game so far this season, if teams get in front and are still in front at the start of the 2nd half they will more than likely win.

With Leigh on the up and Fartown in a downward spiral, the omens don't look good.

Added to this, an increasing disquiet against Watson sees the gate drop even further and the atmosphere remains flat.

But wait - up pops young Thomas Deakin.... completes our spine..... sprinkles on some DNA on the 'process'......... and there you have it - it all works out fine (you doubters).

Fartown climb into the top six, storm the play offs and Watson signs a deal beyond that of Matty Peet.

And they all lived happily..................................

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Really looking forward to watching this game this evening, but now alas from my armchair, I have made a conscious decision that I am no longer travelling over the big hill for 20:00hrs kick offs, but will still travel for selected Sat or Sun afternoon games.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, Yonder Province said:

With Leigh on the up and Fartown in a downward spiral, the omens don't look good.

Added to this, an increasing disquiet against Watson sees the gate drop even further and the atmosphere remains flat.

But wait - up pops young Thomas Deakin.... completes our spine..... sprinkles on some DNA on the 'process'......... and there you have it - it all works out fine (you doubters).

Fartown climb into the top six, storm the play offs and Watson signs a deal beyond that of Matty Peet.

And they all lived happily..................................

A pint of that please, Landlord 🙂

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really looking forward to watching this game this evening, but now alas from my armchair, I have made a conscious decision that I am no longer travelling over the big hill for 20:00hrs kick offs, but will still travel for selected Sat or Sun afternoon games.

Pah, Part timer, our 80 away fans do it every week 😝

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Pah, Part timer, our 80 away fans do it every week 😝

I have travelled for years and years daz, if there is one thing that is very positive about playing in the Championship it is regular Sunday afternoon 15:00hrs kick offs, used to love it, leave and return at reasonable times, a few scoops and the commaraderie on the coach, sampling what the "tuck shops" had on offer at various grounds - Batley by far the best in all our leagues system - a couple of pints with the local fans, it was a joy to be had. And if truth be known I would still prefer that regularity of Sunday afternoons for home games in SL, I am sure that more away fans would travel especially from east of the big hill other than weekday 20:00hrs kick offs.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have travelled for years and years daz, if there is one thing that is very positive about playing in the Championship it is regular Sunday afternoon 15:00hrs kick offs, used to love it, leave and return at reasonable times, a few scoops and the commaraderie on the coach, sampling what the "tuck shops" had on offer at various grounds - Batley bar far the best in all our leagues system - a couple of pints with the local fans, it was a joy to be had. And if truth be known I would still prefer that regularity of Sunday afternoons for home games in SL, I am sure that more away fans would travel especially from east of the big hill other than weekday 20:00hrs kick offs.

Absolutely agree with you, the times we've had Thursday night away games has been ridiculous, i remember a few years back we did Hull FC, Hull KR and St Helens away on consecutive Thursdays, and people wonder why our fans didn't bother turning up.

Best times of my life were 1990-1994 going to the old grounds and clubs no longer here, every game was 3.00 on Sunday, except Carlisle who kicked off at 2.30 due to lack of floodlights.

Back then we regularly took over half the crowds to away games despite only average 1,500 ourselves.

Great days and somewhat spoilt by being a SL club now with it's ridiculous fixture list.

• Like 1