Please, Please, Please what is going on?

Mr Hicks

It's looking that way. I have said it before Featherstone have been building on and off field for years and still aren't in the promised land. Yesterday against Halifax showed they certainly aren't where Leigh were this time last year.

We seem to be trying to do things back to front. With all the uncertainty who knows if Championship 1 will even exist in the near future.

We have a loyal fan base of around 500 through thick or thin. It is so difficult to attract new fans when the standard of rugby is poor. We had our chance and to me they have blown money meaninglessly this season with logical explanation. 

• Like 1

They didn't get round to mentioning how it is to be funded.

Not a lot about the 2024 stand.

What if IMG fail with a decent broadcast deal and withdraw?

I make it 3 defeats in a row in a 'results based business' for the current head coach...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Just read the statement from the directors of Featherstone Rovers below.

We can confirm that we have today reached agreement with Head Coach Sean Long to part company with immediate effect.

The Club has invested significantly this year to ensure that we give ourselves the best possible chance of promotion to Super League in 2023. The changes in rules that come into effect from 2024 make it extremely difficult to reach this goal in future years so we are committed to ensure that we leave no stone unturned in delivering this objective. The Board have backed this ambition by investing in a playing squad of Super League quality and have been disappointed therefore in this season’s team performance against some of our promotion rivals.

As we reach the countdown to the play-off series, we need to ensure that we maximise the huge potential and high quality of our playing roster and we feel this change will enable us to make the required step up which is required

We would like to place on record our thanks to Sean Long for his contribution to the Club’s efforts this season and wish him well in the future. We would ask our fans to continue to support the Club in their usual way just as they did in such large numbers at Halifax yesterday, we certainly will need their support in hopefully helping us to get over the line this year

We have asked Director of Rugby James Ford to take up the Head Coaching role on an interim basis for the remainder of the year along with Ian Hardman, the Club will make a further assessment of whether we need to invest further in our coaching team.

Now to me that is owners who are really trying to reach there objective rather than talking about it. About 10 points clear at the top of the league and still not happy. I just wish we didn't talk about what we are going to do.

On 08/08/2023 at 15:54, Dovster said:

Seems a little harsh.

Played 21 won 19.

Everyone has an off day.

Believe it or not we haven't been playing that well to say we a top,and our Chairman is a little inpatient so if Ford doesn't get us up he will be next. We had Long,Pryce and then Ford came in. We can't possibly pay all 3 big bucks ,you know the rest.

56 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Believe it or not we haven't been playing that well to say we a top,and our Chairman is a little inpatient so if Ford doesn't get us up he will be next. We had Long,Pryce and then Ford came in. We can't possibly pay all 3 big bucks ,you know the rest.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Pryce got the 'elbow' a few months ago....

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 20:38, Fevrover said:

I think sometimes fans at successful clubs have very high expectations and sometimes forget that their team have a target on their chests.

I really hope you do get promotion as you have definitely put in the hard yards over the years. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dovster said:

I think sometimes fans at successful clubs have very high expectations and sometimes forget that their team have a target on their chests.

I really hope you do get promotion as you have definitely put in the hard yards over the years. 

Thank you but it isn't always the fans ---

• Like 1