Sheffield - Away (Friday)

Indigogo

A quick turnaround for the both teams and with the weather set to be a hot one, maybe fatigue could have an impact.

A fairly settled squad for us. Dan Parker misses out due to suspension and Kesik has a hamstring injury. At a guess I think Laidlaw will come in for Parker and the rest will stay the same.

Game wise, obviously it's a tough one for us and Sheffield are still fighting for a play off spot. I don't think it's a complete write off though and their form is patchy having lost 5 of their last 8, including losses to Whitehaven and Swinton. Whitehaven also beat them at home. I think if we can defend well and complete well then we have a chance of getting something. Fingers crossed!

A good analysis. 

I think it will be closer than the game at CP, although you never quite know what to expect from Sheffield.

I really don't like Friday night games - no consideration for the visiting team (at this level) or fans. However, I will be battling through the friday tea-time rush hour to get there.

I think we have seen a steady improvement under Foster. lots of people had us already relegated. Let's hope this continues.

25 minutes ago, Buzzer90 said:

Must win against Halifax now for me!

Let's see what happens this weekend with other results. Fax at home probably the more likely one we can win out of the last 2 games. Depends what London have to play for in the last week. They could be resting players for the play offs or needing to win to get in the play offs. 

43 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Let's see what happens this weekend with other results. Fax at home probably the more likely one we can win out of the last 2 games. Depends what London have to play for in the last week. They could be resting players for the play offs or needing to win to get in the play offs. 

It seems pointless to try second guess but I have anyway…. Barrow for the win I think for Sundays game, they’ll have enough to get the required points from the other two whereas Swinton more chance of staying below us.

23 minutes ago, Dovster said:

First half we played well and were unlucky to be behind. Second half not so good.

Shows that you must post points when your on top.

I agree that the Fax game is a must win and we need other results to go our way.

If we manage a win from either remaining game then we are safe imo.

As I mentioned above I think a lot will come down to who has what to play for in the last week.

Whitehaven have Toulouse at home but TO have nothing to play for and could feasibly send a load of kids.

Barrow have York who could be needing a win to get in the play offs, yet might have nothing to play for, more likely the latter. 

Swinton have Fax who again might be in the play offs already and resting a few, or might need to win to get in the play offs or might have nothing at all to play for.

We have London who could be in the same scenario as Halifax.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if Rhys Lovegrove a) Wants to do Keighley Cougars any favours or b) Wants London to go into the play- offs following a home defeat.

I seem to recall Keighley  Cougars being some distance ahead of London,in the league ladder,when results were allegedly not good enough.

Interesting games ahead.Always tricky to predict when players are signed for other clubs.Still,I was always told players are professional...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.