Fri 15th Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/23 at 19:30

A professional job by Wigan. Cas made too many basic errors to give themselves a chance but did have a good spell in the first half and looked like they could make a game of it at one point. Wigan managed to rest a few players, either by leaving them out altogether or taking them off during the game. 

I’m really happy to see Miski go top of the scoring charts. He’s a great story and his try’s per game ratio is absolutely phenomenal. He’s one clear in the charts now but he didn’t get in to the side until round 7. He’s getting his rewards for being so professional when he wasn’t in the side. 

I’d give the last word to Junior Nsemba. He got some attention tonight but he just kept on taking it to Castleford and was a nightmare for them to deal with. Some big, experienced lads like Massey and Watts tried to give it to him at times and came off second best. He’s looking like he could pretty special. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WN83 said:

A professional job by Wigan. Cas made too many basic errors to give themselves a chance but did have a good spell in the first half and looked like they could make a game of it at one point. Wigan managed to rest a few players, either by leaving them out altogether or taking them off during the game. 

I’m really happy to see Miski go top of the scoring charts. He’s a great story and his try’s per game ratio is absolutely phenomenal. He’s one clear in the charts now but he didn’t get in to the side until round 7. He’s getting his rewards for being so professional when he wasn’t in the side. 

I’d give the last word to Junior Nsemba. He got some attention tonight but he just kept on taking it to Castleford and was a nightmare for them to deal with. Some big, experienced lads like Massey and Watts tried to give it to him at times and came off second best. He’s looking like he could pretty special. 

Miski should make the Dream Team for sure this year. I get it, there's lots of competition and Johnstone is nailed on for one place, but for me Miski pips both Charnley and Makinson in terms of consistency of high level performance, he's just flown under the radar because as you mentioned, he only got into the side during round 7 so wasn't high up in the scoring charts until now. He's been outstanding and it's not like he only scores walk-ins plus he's created quite a few tries for others.

Nsemba is such a great talent. There aren't many young players who are as strong in the carry and it's not like he's a chunky player or a big bruiser, he's lean and athletic but physical enough to make good metres and strong in the tackle. Can't wait to see how he develops but I hope his friendship with KPP doesn't turn his eyes to the NRL before we see the best of him.

Cas really didn't offer much aside from a good spell where we seemed to lose focus after an error by Field. Given they weren't mathematically safe from relegation at the start of the game Cas really lacked any sort of fight which probably says a lot about why they are 11th.

2 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

Miski should make the Dream Team for sure this year. I get it, there's lots of competition and Johnstone is nailed on for one place, but for me Miski pips both Charnley and Makinson in terms of consistency of high level performance, he's just flown under the radar because as you mentioned, he only got into the side during round 7 so wasn't high up in the scoring charts until now. He's been outstanding and it's not like he only scores walk-ins plus he's created quite a few tries for others.

Nsemba is such a great talent. There aren't many young players who are as strong in the carry and it's not like he's a chunky player or a big bruiser, he's lean and athletic but physical enough to make good metres and strong in the tackle. Can't wait to see how he develops but I hope his friendship with KPP doesn't turn his eyes to the NRL before we see the best of him.

Cas really didn't offer much aside from a good spell where we seemed to lose focus after an error by Field. Given they weren't mathematically safe from relegation at the start of the game Cas really lacked any sort of fight which probably says a lot about why they are 11th.

His scoring rate is pretty outrageous. The Superleague site shows the average try’s per game for the players at the top and he’s on 1.31 per game, which is way clear of anybody else. I think doing it over the full season counts for a lot when it comes to the dream team and so does being English, so I don’t expect him to get in but it doesn’t really matter. 

Miski has been Wigan's top try-scorer before, after which some people still derided him as a second-rate budget signing.

I also recall George Carmont's recruitment being claimed as a sign of the club's cheapness/desperation only a few years previously.

Or Robbie McCormack a bit earlier than that.

Sometimes the big names aren't the best VFM targets. Most SL clubs have similar examples.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson