Midland game

Yorks Tim

You may have already noiticed but the upcoming game has been moved to Saturday 27th April - 2pm kick off.

The good news is that you will get to see us in the main Alexander Stadium (at last!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

You may have already noiticed but the upcoming game has been moved to Saturday 27th April - 2pm kick off.

The good news is that you will get to see us in the main Alexander Stadium (at last!)

Thanks for letting us know, my friend. Hurricanes have given us some tough games recently. Dave Hewitt going well, I gather. Your club has come a long way over the last decade. Really chuffed for you. (And last time I went to Birmingham your DJ was CLASS!)

• Like 1

I'm just as annoyed as I had plans for the Saturday too and I'd just finished reorganising my calendar due to rail strikes and Sky TV changing Leeds United fixtures

My understanding is that Birmingham Council suddenly realised they had already arranged an athletics meeting or something.

Out of the club's control unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

Plus Keighley now have a better points difference. I think that going forward we should play best team every match irrespective of the opposition 

Two problems with that: first we increase the risk of getting injuries to key players in the 'easier' games and secondly we need give peripheral players game time so that they are match fit in case we need them. It also stops them from being disappointed and losing heart.  Emerson whittle being an example.

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Two problems with that: first we increase the risk of getting injuries to key players in the 'easier' games and secondly we need give peripheral players game time so that they are match fit in case we need them. It also stops them from being disappointed and losing heart.  Emerson whittle being an example.

I know but promotion is the priority

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

J Turner in the squad but id be surprised if he plays. Wardle to centre and Gallagher into the second row for me if Jordan is out. Mo on the wing for M Turner and get Hirst back in on the bench. Think this might be a tough game 

Agree with all of that. Spot on. 

• Like 2

Guessing similar to Hunslet away with PLT on the bench and then once he's on move Astley to half back . Can see Ellis filling in a bit at hooker if required. Or could just go PLT full back, Astley Craven in the halves and have Paga on the bench. Either way looks an exciting team.