Dally M medals

Kalyn Ponga wins the mens award overtaking Shaun Johnson in the last round, Tamika Upton makes it a Newcastle double taking the women's award.

Warriors Webster gets coach of the year and Broncos Reynolds captain of the year.

Its amazing how Panthers players tend to get shut out of these awards. I suppose they are so consistently good from 1 through to 17 that they take points of each other.

Kaylin came back from injury and was absolutely superb.

I bought him in to my SC team at a bargain price. Thereafter I particularly watched him with great interest and growing admiration.

Such was the quality of his performances that he was a lock in for captain.

SJ has had a great season too, for a classy and highly skilled player anyway, he has stepped up a gear this season. He’s been key in the rise and rise of the Warriors in 2023.

4 hours ago, DoubleD said:

How many games did Ponga miss this year? It seems his form really ignited in the 2nd half of the season. Seems impressive and surprising he won the award

Ponga's victory came despite the 25-year-old missing six weeks in the early part of the season to seek treatment in Canada for repeated concussions.

The Newcastle skipper did not enter the top 10 in voting until after round 22 and only snatched the lead in the penultimate round of the regular season.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Ponga's victory came despite the 25-year-old missing six weeks in the early part of the season to seek treatment in Canada for repeated concussions.

The Newcastle skipper did not enter the top 10 in voting until after round 22 and only snatched the lead in the penultimate round of the regular season.

Actually he took the lead in the final round with a six point game to win by one vote. SJ got two points in the final round