Serbia vs England Community Lionesses 8th Oct

On 08/10/2023 at 10:45, JonM said:

Can't see an existing thread on this game which is being livestreamed at the moment. England 20-0 up approaching half time.

Where was it livestreamed?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Where was it livestreamed?

It was on facebook, possibly on https://ragbiligesrbije.rs/ too. England won 66-0. They play again on 14th. England team selected from the community game, with players from London Broncos, Sheffield Eagles, Stanningley, Hull KR, Dewsbury Moor, Thatto Heath Crusaders, Swinton, Bedford Tigers and Leamington Royals.

Youtube video here: 

England produced some good stuff with ball in hand. Like a lot of inexperienced teams, the Serbs play like mini-League, minimal shape. Be good to see them get on the board in the second game on Saturday.

I'm guessing the ref was local. A few tell-tale signs that he wasn't entirely au fait. The Serbs could learn more from sympathetic English officials, language barrier permitting.

Serbia RL have been more active than Greece RL in arranging fixtures. When the two teams meet in November it will be Serbia's fourth outing this year following the game with the French and these two against England. Result last year was Greece 28 Serbia 0. A Community Lions tour to Greece should be high on the agenda.

• Like 1