More positive NRL in the pacific news

• 4 months later...

Not only Fiji, but the whole Pacific.

NRL 2024, Jersey Flegg, Kaiviti Silktails matches to be broadcast free to air into Pacific region, PacificAus TV | NRL.com

In a huge boost for rugby league in the Pacific region, all of the Kaiviti Silktails' 26 matches in the Jersey Flegg competition will be distributed by PacificAus TV in 2024  to over nine Free-to-Air broadcast channels across the Pacific, whilst FBC will be the exclusive free-to-air-broadcast-partner in Fiji.

Starting with this Saturday's clash against Wests Tigers at Lidcombe Oval, all of the Silktails' home and away matches will be shown on Free-to-Air channels across the Pacific, bringing more rugby league content to the region.

Silktails chairman Petero Civoniceva added: “This broadcast deal is not just a win for the Silktails as a club but a massive win for our code in Fiji.

“This broadcast deal will allow these young players to showcase their talents playing for the Silktails on television across the Pacific.

“On behalf of everyone at the Kaiviti Silktails a big Vinaka Vakalevu to all of the key stakeholders that have put this landmark deal together.”

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 08/03/2024 at 15:31, The Rocket said:

Not only Fiji, but the whole Pacific.

NRL 2024, Jersey Flegg, Kaiviti Silktails matches to be broadcast free to air into Pacific region, PacificAus TV | NRL.com

In a huge boost for rugby league in the Pacific region, all of the Kaiviti Silktails' 26 matches in the Jersey Flegg competition will be distributed by PacificAus TV in 2024  to over nine Free-to-Air broadcast channels across the Pacific, whilst FBC will be the exclusive free-to-air-broadcast-partner in Fiji.

Starting with this Saturday's clash against Wests Tigers at Lidcombe Oval, all of the Silktails' home and away matches will be shown on Free-to-Air channels across the Pacific, bringing more rugby league content to the region.

Silktails chairman Petero Civoniceva added: “This broadcast deal is not just a win for the Silktails as a club but a massive win for our code in Fiji.

“This broadcast deal will allow these young players to showcase their talents playing for the Silktails on television across the Pacific.

“On behalf of everyone at the Kaiviti Silktails a big Vinaka Vakalevu to all of the key stakeholders that have put this landmark deal together.”

I was confused by this post, what I was missing was:

The Silktails have moved from the Ron Massey Cup to the Jersey Flegg Cup this year.

I had hoped they were in both comps, but that would be very expensive.

Ron Massey Cup == NSW 2nd division (so 2 below NRL)

Jersey Flegg Cup == NSW Under 21s

I wonder if this is related to the supposed poor relationship between the Silktails and the Fijian RL.

5 hours ago, stookie said:

The Silktails have moved from the Ron Massey Cup to the Jersey Flegg Cup this year.

I wonder if this is related to the supposed poor relationship between the Silktails and the Fijian RL.

It’s the better move for me, more chance of producing NRL standard players from a younger age than having a team of mid 20 year olds competing in a 3rd tier competition.

It’s probably the same route the hunters should be going down as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stookie said:

6 hours ago, going for the corner said:

It’s the better move for me, more chance of producing NRL standard players from a younger age than having a team of mid 20 year olds competing in a 3rd tier competition.

It’s probably the same route the hunters should be going down as well.

And that I believe is exactly why they have changed comps.