‘The structure is broken’: Rochdale Hornets chief calls for Championship merger

Total Rugby League

1 minute ago, Big Doug said:

Totaly agree with Andy Mazey amd Martin Saddler. No doubt the RFL will reject it knowing them.

The Championship clubs disagree, why would the RFL do otherwise?

• Sad 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I think we are seeing the next stage of the Rugby League allowing the third tier to be killed off. If the RFL was genuinely interested in its survival it would take a proactive approach.

Blindside Johnny makes a valid point in some ways about the RFL not going against  Championship clubs, but in other ways this is typical of the short term approach of the last few decades taken by the RFL, and that has hindered rugby league more broadly.

i sense the RFL are fully locked into the IMG proposals, and these in reality lead to a two tier competition rather than 3.

I really hope I am wrong

• Like 2

I read that86%of clubs voted for img, i could not understand why, it would be interesting to take another vote. The talk about 14 club superleague aint gonna happen, the 12 club superleague aren't gona share the sky money with another two clubs, top of that sky money will dry up, time for champ & league 1 clubs to breakaway now before its too late, let s.l. pay rfls wages , they have managed to survive this long, don't let rfl take you DOWN. 

• Like 3

On 30/10/2023 at 22:37, Anita Bath said:

I really hope you are wrong too, but doubt it.

Makes you wonder about why clubs with the exception of Keighley, voted for the IMG plan. Keighley took some real s**t over voting against.

They weren't the only club to vote against, Batley and Fev were 2 others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1