CATALANS

audois

20 players have gone in 2022 & 2023 something other top teams seem to half

2O03 Young half-back Cesar Rougé played 7 games in SL last year with the 17 number

2O22  Played 5 with the 25 jumper

2021 Played 2 games with the 31 jumper the year after he left Limoux as a teenager 

This year mixed up between the reserves, SL and a match at Hull KR

In October he played his last reserves match. I had a feel that the top people were looking at him

Is it poosible to join up with Théo Fages the newcommer - time will tell

With Tomkins retiring the full back shirt - could well see go to Mourgue permanent in 2024

Over the years the French forwards have been more sighted - see last season Garcia, Seguier, Bousquet and Navarrete

Four forwards then/ why then not see 4 backs in 2024

Last season - saw Romano number shirt 19 seen  21 times while Laguerre number shirt 4 in the centres with 6 run outs - Yaha was injured most of the time, played just 3 times but the wings are covered

Eight players/four forwards & four backs maybe....

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• audois changed the title to CATALANS

Your not wrong at all. The number of turnovers in players is extraordinary high. They also seem to get players in rather late, actually when the season is about to start. 

But then as you have seen for the past 2 seasons they actually have done well. It seems the coach you have is doing a brilliant job.

But I still find it difficult to understand how this is possible? 

Hopefully a lot more french players play and establish themselves this season. The French need spine players. 1/6/7/9/13. 

On 17/11/2023 at 15:25, audois said:

20 players have gone in 2022 & 2023 something other top teams seem to half

2O03 Young half-back Cesar Rougé played 7 games in SL last year with the 17 number

2O22  Played 5 with the 25 jumper

2021 Played 2 games with the 31 jumper the year after he left Limoux as a teenager 

This year mixed up between the reserves, SL and a match at Hull KR

In October he played his last reserves match. I had a feel that the top people were looking at him

Is it poosible to join up with Théo Fages the newcommer - time will tell

With Tomkins retiring the full back shirt - could well see go to Mourgue permanent in 2024

Over the years the French forwards have been more sighted - see last season Garcia, Seguier, Bousquet and Navarrete

Four forwards then/ why then not see 4 backs in 2024

Last season - saw Romano number shirt 19 seen  21 times while Laguerre number shirt 4 in the centres with 6 run outs - Yaha was injured most of the time, played just 3 times but the wings are covered

Eight players/four forwards & four backs maybe....

I'm sorry,  but I am struggling to understand what points you are making, or are you just talking about the team in general?

This year will be a drop off for Catalans with a lot of experienced players retiring/leaving, McNamara has done great getting them to perform aswell as they have for the last few years.

Unfortunately it is a choice of I guess choosing more young French players or winning more games. (I think that is some of what you are saying.. )

16 hours ago, Click said:

I'm sorry,  but I am struggling to understand what points you are making, or are you just talking about the team in general?

This year will be a drop off for Catalans with a lot of experienced players retiring/leaving, McNamara has done great getting them to perform aswell as they have for the last few years.

Unfortunately it is a choice of I guess choosing more young French players or winning more games. (I think that is some of what you are saying.. )

Yes you are - May/ Pearce have been in the half-backs since two years. Fages is interesting. Played as a young lad at Salford coming from Pia - went on to do great things Grand Final medals at Saints. He also captained France some years back World Cup in Australia. Here kind of linking young Rougé possibly making a break through in 2024 - maybe 2 local lads take up 2 Aussies

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

10 minutes ago, audois said:

Yes you are - May/ Pearce have been in the half-backs since two years. Fages is interesting. Played as a young lad at Salford coming from Pia - went on to do great things Grand Final medals at Saints. He also captained France some years back World Cup in Australia. Here kind of linking young Rougé possibly making a break through in 2024 - maybe 2 local lads take up 2 Aussies

Surly nikorima will start at half 

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Surly nikorima will start at half 

Jayden Nikorima has turned out to be nowhere near as good as his older brother Kodi. Sydney Roosters bought Jayden in 2016 but he only played 7 games before he was sacked because of drugs charges. Roosters let him go after two seasons in December 2017.

He spent most of the subsequent years in the wilderness before being signed by Melbourne Storm in 2022, but played only 2 games in the Melbourne NRL squad during 2 years at the Storm. 

He is now 27. Not an impressive signing.

Hopefully Cesar Rouge will emerge as a top player for Catalans.

Edited by Bradman Better
  • Like 1