2023 Championship Awards

2Cents

Just come across this from Oct. 10. I don't remember seeing anything mentioned on Raiders FB or on this forum - but I might have missed it.

Barrow Raiders won the Foundation of the Year award, scoring highly across 11 categories which included promotion to the BWSL for their women’s team, and an award-winning year for their Learning Disability and Able Raiders programmes. 

EXCELLENT. GOOD ON YOU STEVE & co.

And Dean Parata, an Australia-born Italy international who joined the Broncos from Featherstone last year and formerly with Barrow, was a joint winner of the Betfred Championship Player of the Year award with Lachlan Walmsley, the prolific Halifax Panthers.

GOOD ONE WE LET GOT.

Workington Town half-back Ciaran Walker was voted Betfred League One Young Player of the Year,

ANOTHER CUMBRIA AWARD.

Mike Eccles was a popular winner as Betfred Championship Coach of the Year having plotted the Broncos’ stunning late-season run of form. 

DON'T THINK CRESTA EXPECTED A REPEAT....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Just come across this from Oct. 10. I don't remember seeing anything mentioned on Raiders FB or on this forum - but I might have missed it.

Barrow Raiders won the Foundation of the Year award, scoring highly across 11 categories which included promotion to the BWSL for their women’s team, and an award-winning year for their Learning Disability and Able Raiders programmes. 

EXCELLENT. GOOD ON YOU STEVE & co.

And Dean Parata, an Australia-born Italy international who joined the Broncos from Featherstone last year and formerly with Barrow, was a joint winner of the Betfred Championship Player of the Year award with Lachlan Walmsley, the prolific Halifax Panthers.

GOOD ONE WE LET GOT.

Workington Town half-back Ciaran Walker was voted Betfred League One Young Player of the Year,

ANOTHER CUMBRIA AWARD.

Mike Eccles was a popular winner as Betfred Championship Coach of the Year having plotted the Broncos’ stunning late-season run of form. 

DON'T THINK CRESTA EXPECTED A REPEAT....

There was a pic posted ellis and luke getting the award.

46 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Genuine question, Why would that have anything to do with it 🤔

Culture shock, really. I can imagine how a non-swearing, God-fearing, teetotal young lad from Australia might find it difficult fitting in in the rough and tumble of rugby league in Northern England. Square pegs and round holes.

My own speculation really. Maybe he just likes switching clubs every year? 

Anyway, he's very much found his feet in London and good luck to him. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave W said:

Culture shock, really. I can imagine how a non-swearing, God-fearing, teetotal young lad from Australia might find it difficult fitting in in the rough and tumble of rugby league in Northern England. Square pegs and round holes.

Ah got you. Maybe was the case mate, but as you say, he's found his feet now and seems to be thriving 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave W said:

he then sined for feverstone after barrow so surely the same if not worse culture

54 minutes ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Nowt to do with being a Christian,  there have been a few at Raiders. Including the PNG lads. Not popular with coaching staff i heard. 

Flair players at 9 don't seem to be cresta's thing(Parata/Puara). Seems to prefer the robotic stick to plan type

Edited by blue forever