Josh rourke

The scrim reaper

Just read back all comments on this thread.We are not naive or inept and as a solicitor i have not somehow been incompetent as i knew exactly what was involved with the SL release clause.

Let me keep it very simple some ambitious young players particularly who have been at a SL Club through their agents want a SL release clause or are reluctant to sign. Some wont agree to inserting that we get an agreed transfer fee either so if we don’t agree they won’t sign. What do we do if we want them? Answer from now on is we don’t sign them its again that simple. Whether it’s fair on not is irrelevant as it is what it is.

Maybe this year was a one off year with London’s circumstances but the decision is made it will not  happen again. I don’t believe we made a mistake by agreeing to the clause but if someone thinks we did then so be it. The whole recruitment process for us is very difficult when other Clubs often offer more salary but with the players that we get i am very proud as i think they have been superb for us. Also good luck to any player who achieves his ambition and gets a FT contract so we also take pride on helping them do that. It is not easy but the challenge is something to relish and the chance of 4 wins on the bounce this week is also something to relish!

• Like 11