Veganuary/veguary/dry January

Still early days but so far:

Still no booze (I had some Christmas pudding yesterday which could have contained hidden alcohol but I didn't have the ingredients at hand), still no fizzy drinks (some fizzy spring water but nothing flavoured), still no takeaways and still no fast food (McDonald's, Gregg's, etc.)

I can't really tell if I feel better, early days and marginal gains, but I know I'm eating better and doing better.

On 11/01/2024 at 14:21, JohnM said:

You're not a proper vegan unless you have a Tesla.

If you have a Tesla, you can enjoy char-grilled vegetables after your car has caused a pile-up before spontaneously bursting into flames.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 11/01/2024 at 14:21, JohnM said:

You're not a proper vegan unless you have a Tesla.

If you have a Tesla, you can enjoy char-grilled vegetables after your car has caused a pile-up before spontaneously bursting into flames.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 18/01/2024 at 21:25, hindle xiii said:

Still early days but so far:

Still no booze (I had some Christmas pudding yesterday which could have contained hidden alcohol but I didn't have the ingredients at hand), still no fizzy drinks (some fizzy spring water but nothing flavoured), still no takeaways and still no fast food (McDonald's, Gregg's, etc.)

I can't really tell if I feel better, early days and marginal gains, but I know I'm eating better and doing better.

Only one night of booze so far for me, which was only because of a night out when some friends visited the area unexpectedly. Didn't drink on a night out for the wife's birthday however and haven't any other weekend either.

I decided to try some non alcoholic beers to see what they're like nowadays, if you look for something more akin to craft beers. Tried an IPA and a Milk Stout from Ilkley brewery the other weekend, the IPA was nothing more than OK, but the stout was lovely. Bought a couple of cans today to drink this evening, currently finishing off a blackcurrant, blueberry and maple sour. It's pretty good, but just like the alcoholic equivalents of such drinks was pretty expensive. Sitting with something like this does make it feel more like a weekend however, rather than watching the TV with a brew as I'd be doing in the week.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb