Amelia Brown sets out Huddersfield Giants’ WSL targets after signing historic contract

Huddersfield Giants have become the latest club to offer professional contracts to their female players, and 19-year-old Amelia Brown believes they have a big future...

View the full article

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

7 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Quiz question re Amelia's career choice -

Name an ex-Jillaroo media pundit who is/was a firefighter. Or as they say in Oz, a "firie"?

Ruan Sims?

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Ruan Sims?

Not sure I can think of a family I'd like to pee off less. There's a lot of them and they all seem to be hard as nails and a bit rough.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not sure I can think of a family I'd like to pee off less. There's a lot of them and they all seem to be hard as nails and a bit rough.

Bad to point out her resemblance to the woman from this country?

2 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

I don't get it - who are you referring to?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I don't get it - who are you referring to?

Ruan sims looks like the woman on the BBC show this country. Won't blame you if you never watched it. Was awful, only interest for me is my uncle lives where it's filmed so I could recognise places. 

Are you okay?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The other sister is CJ Sims. No idea what she's doing now. Last seen playing for Tweed Seagulls in the Queensland women's comp. Looked quite promising. Of course, the name put me in mind of Reggie Perrin. Same with the bassist who replaced Dee Dee in the Ramones, who took the name CJ Ramone.

Adding punch to five formidable siblings, Tariq's wife Ashleigh is a boxer.

3 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

Had to google this. Never heard of it. Cursory research confirms there is a certain likeness.

Punctuation tip - Might have avoided solicitude for your state of mind if you had written "This Country".

I don't think Huddersfield were left much choice regarding contracts as it would have meant them losing some more players as Amelia could have easily gone to Leeds in the off season so credit to her as well for sticking with Huddersfield. Whether they can bridge that gap between the top teams remains to be seen but they have made some strong signings for this coming season that should at least see them been a lot closer to been competitive against the top teams than they have been in previous years.

• Like 1