Super League 2024: Salford Red Devils preview, players to watch and predicted finish

Rugby League World says The off-season has hardly been kind to Salford Red Devils and this could ultimately be the club’s undoing in 2024. Financial...

View the full article

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

On 11/02/2024 at 16:49, Charlie said:

No relegation plus there a hell of a lot better than London 

If the ground deal doesn't go ahead and they have an insolvency event, they could well get relegated since it results in a full letter downgrade in the IMG scores(so would go from B to C).

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

If the ground deal doesn't go ahead and they have an insolvency event, they could well get relegated since it results in a full letter downgrade in the IMG scores(so would go from B to C).

Believe there’s a vote tomorrow so we should find out. I was saying the on field stuff is kinda irrelevant this year and 

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

Believe there’s a vote tomorrow so we should find out. I was saying the on field stuff is kinda irrelevant this year and 

I think the on field stuff is relevant but not necessarily in the traditional way. With money so tight, I think there is quite a bit of pressure on SRD to perform on the field to avoid fans dropping off as it would further compound the financial issues.

• 3 weeks later...

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

As an outsider looking in, with this recent council support, the crowd funding, and last year's £170k that's not far of a million pound Salford have needed donating/loaning to them in 12 months. This stadium deal isn't going to be worth that amount of money every year to.