Super League Website - Stats

So SL has had plenty of praise recently for the improvements, but this is one area that still frustrates the life out of me.

I had a look at the match centre for the Wire v Catalans game, and at first it looked like a big improvement with matchday stats better than previously, but once you actually go into it:

Wire team list - missing players, Musgrove and Fitzgibbon not in the list, Hayes and Holroyd instead named on the bench, with Powell and Philbin in the 13 - not accurate at all. 

Onto Live Stats and they look a little odd. Metres was 1212 vs 1179 - yet running metres 1574 vs 1552. There is no mention of number of penalties in the stat lists. 

On player stats - this list has Musgrove and Fitzgibbon, but then gets rid of Lindop, his stats completely omitted. 

We need to be better at this stuff if we are going to provide these immersive experiences - if we aren't going to do it properly, then we should just avoid it. The NRL are excellent with their stats section, we can learn a lot from them. 

I took a quick look at another random game - the Leigh v Hudds game, and the events tab is empty, and the Hudds team is blank.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So SL has had plenty of praise recently for the improvements, but this is one area that still frustrates the life out of me.

I had a look at the match centre for the Wire v Catalans game, and at first it looked like a big improvement with matchday stats better than previously, but once you actually go into it:

Wire team list - missing players, Musgrove and Fitzgibbon not in the list, Hayes and Holroyd instead named on the bench, with Powell and Philbin in the 13 - not accurate at all. 

Onto Live Stats and they look a little odd. Metres was 1212 vs 1179 - yet running metres 1574 vs 1552. There is no mention of number of penalties in the stat lists. 

On player stats - this list has Musgrove and Fitzgibbon, but then gets rid of Lindop, his stats completely omitted. 

We need to be better at this stuff if we are going to provide these immersive experiences - if we aren't going to do it properly, then we should just avoid it. The NRL are excellent with their stats section, we can learn a lot from them. 

I took a quick look at another random game - the Leigh v Hudds game, and the events tab is empty, and the Hudds team is blank.

Been like it for some time.  I asked the RFL, why they couldn’t base it on the nrl system that also reports in real time.  They said it is the same system.  It obviously isn’t.

• Like 1