Broadcasting deal

DEANO

I see York is one of 6 clubs who voted for it. It also looks like our next game v Toulouse will be streamed . Don’t know if that’ll affect kick off day/time

Edited by DEANO
Miss spelled
  • Thanks 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Looks like tv deal has been vetoed by a lot of clubs, just shows how backward thinking the people who run these clubs are. They don’t look at the big picture , never have and still wonder why we are no further forward now than we were 20, 30 , 40 years ago . The game as a whole is run in such an amateurish way ( no disrespect to amateur clubs ) it is and will be seen as , a joke.

• Like 1

There is a reason clubs veto deals like this, they put their supporters first!. Clubs, (fans), get messed about with match days and kick off times, and consequently their attendances are down. 2 seasons ago, we had to travel to Barrow on a Bank Holiday Monday evening, and our home game against Bradford was also moved to a Monday night. Hardly anybody travelled from Bradford, and the attendance was way down on what it would have been on a Sunday afternoon. I hope the money received from Premier Sports or whoever compensates for this, because one thing it will not do, is bring in new fans.

32 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Looks like tv deal has been vetoed by a lot of clubs, just shows how backward thinking the people who run these clubs are. They don’t look at the big picture , never have and still wonder why we are no further forward now than we were 20, 30 , 40 years ago . The game as a whole is run in such an amateurish way ( no disrespect to amateur clubs ) it is and will be seen as , a joke.

I disagree, I think they have very much looked at the big picture, which is that they are being offered a negligible amount and on Premier Sports the game won't get any worthwhile extra exposure outside the diehards as a consequence.

Anyone who looked at the game threads on the TotalRL general forum for the ViaPlay live games last year will know what I mean - there wer barely any posts, as even amongst fans hardcore enough to contribute to RL forums,  paying over £100 a year for Championship RL was unattractive.

It is all about developing income streams these days and like it or not tv is attractive to sponsors and advertisers, how much money do you think the majority of championship clubs generate from their fans? I would suspect not a lot with the obvious exceptions of Wakefield, Bradford and Featherstone, so how do you market a club that has attendances in the hundreds, where do they get additional income from? It is all about the dirty dollar unfortunately.