Most overrated player

If I had to to name the most overrated player in the NRL, I would go for Jack Wighton. 

He was a decent full back in his time but a pretty poor 6 with no passing or kicking game to speak of and was essentially a running threat.

All the talk is the Raiders desperately needed to keep him and they would be wooden spoon candidates without him.  But I think they are a much better balanced side and a better attacking outfit without him.

Souths have bought him as a strike centre, will be keen to see if that works out for them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

To slightly vary this thread the player that I have overrated in the past is DCE.

I'm not doubting he's a very good player with Origin and International honours. It's just that whenever I've taken him into my Supercoach squad he's always had a quiet spell, never scoring well for me, until I shift him out, when he's more often than not scored highly again. I just can't win with him, so I stay clear.

DCE definitely polarises opinion. I’ve often thought he was overrated but sometimes he will single handedly dismantle a team. 

I feel he struggles when all the onus is on him. 
He struggled when Foran left and Turbo was injured but he’s seemingly got a new lease of life and I think the partnership with Brooks will suit him.

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

If I had to to name the most overrated player in the NRL, I would go for Jack Wighton. 

He was a decent full back in his time but a pretty poor 6 with no passing or kicking game to speak of and was essentially a running threat.

All the talk is the Raiders desperately needed to keep him and they would be wooden spoon candidates without him.  But I think they are a much better balanced side and a better attacking outfit without him.

Souths have bought him as a strike centre, will be keen to see if that works out for them.

I would agree that he would be a consideration. He was a curious signing by Souths. Almost like they just wanted a big name. He’s a pretty ordinary centre. He’s much better as a stand off or full back