28-03-2024: Free Live Match on Superleague+ (Castleford v Leeds)

Form an orderly queue for the bitter complaining.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seems a good idea, SL+ has probably gone a but quiet, with a lot of focus on Sky's new coverage and the BBC stuff, so giving it a push in a high profile weekend seems a good idea to me. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Seems a good idea, SL+ has probably gone a but quiet, with a lot of focus on Sky's new coverage and the BBC stuff, so giving it a push in a high profile weekend seems a good idea to me. 

It also shows they can put free live content on the platform as well as archive material. Useful to know.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, lanzer98 said:

Have any SL+ subscription numbers been announced? 

I expect they'll be very quiet on announcing numbers. 

This isn't very detailed, but on Play Store it says SL+ has 1k+ downloads. Other categories are 10k+ and upwards, so it looks like low thousands downloaded (not subscribed), although not sure how many different versions of tge app are out there on different platforms. 

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I expect they'll be very quiet on announcing numbers. 

This isn't very detailed, but on Play Store it says SL+ has 1k+ downloads. Other categories are 10k+ and upwards, so it looks like low thousands downloaded (not subscribed), although not sure how many different versions of tge app are out there on different platforms. 

It was a very last-minute announcement and release on Google/Apple, then the Fire TV app only becoming available on the afternoon of the first match of the season. I think take-up may improve as people realise they can follow their own club's journey through the season, rather than the previous years of only being able to watch what Sky choose to air each round.

Sky currently showing all matches live will also hold back uptake from their subscribers, as will whatever streaming service they introduce. We're actually a bit oversupplied at the moment, which is something we haven't had to get our heads round before.

Some RL-only fans who currently have Sky Sports may do the maths in the next off-season and decide to join up, once they see the feedback about how well the platform works.

Ralph Waldo Emerson