Sat 13th Apr: CCQF: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/24 at 16:30

16 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Correct. Meast just made that bit up to get some kind of point across that we're not really missing any talented players. Wish we had Oliver Holmes playing regularly instead of Owen Trout.

I didn't make anything up as you'll see if you read, I asked who was missing who would make a difference, someone mentioned Holmes, who's not really been a regular 🤔

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

The England prop from last season Robbie Mulhern was missing, who is as influential for the team as Amone at prop and you could see he was by far the best prop on the field even though it was his first game back for a few weeks, se we are at 50% of our best 6 go to players we can put out, but as I say those who have come in will be all the better and may not have had the opportunity to play without those absent, it's looking good when we eventually get a full compliment back.

See you have covered this as I went further through the thread.

It was a genuine question as i wasn't sure who was absent for Leigh.

All teams have injuries and suspensions at various points of the season, it's part and parcel of the game, that's why clubs employ squads as opposed to a "first team".

4 minutes ago, meast said:

Fair enough, I thought I'd seen some criticism of him, so he's not really a premier player Leigh are missing the last couple of games then?

To me it's one of the mysteries how Mr Lam continues with the selection of Hughes, he is still there when we have a full compliment, Holmes does a far better job than Hughes.

4 minutes ago, meast said:

Fair enough, I thought I'd seen some criticism of him, so he's not really a premier player Leigh are missing the last couple of games then?

Not premier, as you would say Mulhern, Ipape, Asiata and until this week, Amone. But with those missing, Holmes would be important, and would certainly have featured this week ahead of Chamberlain.

But for all that, I’m just as concerned about our defence as I am about the injuries 

5 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

This is incredible, Hull KR will actually play an away game next week. This is quite simply astonishing. 😎

I think everyone at Rovers knows the next 4 league games are the real test of the side. I enjoy teasing some Leigh fans, but genuinely don't have a clue how decent Rovers really are yet to be honest. It's a long season, and with hindsight we've have a softish start to it. We'll know one way or the other at the end of May I think. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

The comment about 'choking' wasn't directed at Rovers, look back.

Yeah you're right that was my misread. Not that I'm still sensitive about it at all. Oh no. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Worzel said:

I think everyone at Rovers knows the next 4 league games are the real test of the side. I enjoy teasing some Leigh fans, but genuinely don't have a clue how decent Rovers really are yet to be honest. It's a long season, and with hindsight we've have a softish start to it. We'll know one way or the other at the end of May I think. 

Careful Warrington had won the league last year by that time!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

Fair comment. 🙂