Sat 13th Apr: CCQF: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/24 at 16:30

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

“Come on Mikey” says the female BBC commentator as Lewis goes for the conversion.

FFS!

its a flapper

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

just out of sheer interest - would Matt Moylan have been at the panthers when Hardaker had his stint there?

Yup, he was one of the young players coming through at the time I believe, with Bryce Cartright, and a couple others.

Happy with the performance considering the injuries, was expecting a battering to be honest. Good luck in the semis KR fans!

Think Hardaker has to go at the end of the year, he's been really poor this year, even in defence which carried him last year.

Thought it was an excellent game. Tense throughout and could’ve gone either way. HKR can match it all over the field with most teams but the only worry for me would be the lack of an organising half. If he can kick goals as well, then it would be perfect. 

• Like 1

Well well pleased with Leigh's effort against one of the front runners this year, we won't be wondering how the replacements will do as the season goes on when we get our premier players back.

Also think Mikey Lewis is a wonderful player, but he is also one of those who likes to give it but can't take it, trouble is players of that ilk set themselves up for a rude awakening, he will eventually get it.

Well done HKR. Green shoots for Leigh who will be better with Asiata and  Ipape back. 

Prefer Moylan at FB but we are a side who lack pace but with more consistency, we will be fine. 

Thought both sides playing with wind behind played pants 😂

Edited by Snowys Backside

22 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The Leigh player who was nearest the kick. It’s a straightforward, no grey area, correct interpretation of the law

So none then

The best team won in the end good game though Leigh didn’t hand the trophy back with out a fight. Having said that I’m half expecting Degsy to do a Trump and not actually hand the trophy back at all. 

• Haha 3

Thoroughly enjoyable game, in which the final score flattered HKR a bit, in my view. Leigh just not quite good enough, perhaps weighed down slightly by the sheer weight of their tattoos. I liked Leighs fast ptbs and forward momentum and when Hull KR copied that in the second half, the result became inevitable. 

7 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Happy with the performance considering the injuries, was expecting a battering to be honest. Good luck in the semis KR fans!

Think Hardaker has to go at the end of the year, he's been really poor this year, even in defence which carried him last year.

Has I said when asked about him last week, Zac is yesterday's man, don know what else he can do but the Championship should be beckoning for him.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Quality comment from Joe Burgess 🤣

its put me off my baked potato and mayo for me tea

• Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

21 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Definitely a daft sod. Offside for the entire tackle play. He can only become back onside at the next PTB

Quite correct as I only realised after I typed that he hadn’t retired when the ball was played. 

Bloody madness and amateurish. 

His next training session needs to a rules lesson on Rugby league and it needs to be with some posters on here with the sounds of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has I said when asked about him last week, Zac is yesterday's man, don know what else he can do but the Championship should be beckoning for him.

Yeah I'd imagine Fev will likely be his next and final destination to round off his career, probably with Tom Briscoe following.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well well pleased with Leigh's effort against one of the front runners this year, we won't be wondering how the replacements will do as the season goes on when we get our premier players back.

Also think Mikey Lewis is a wonderful player, but he is also one of those who likes to give it but can't take it, trouble is players of that ilk set themselves up for a rude awakening, he will eventually get it.

Why do I get the feeling you'd be licking your lips at the prospect?

Mikey takes it every week pal, he's targeted week-in, week-out. He gets up with a smile on his face, and goes again. Sometimes laughing at his opponent. He's a character, and box office, and we love it. He's also humble as anything off the pitch, and nothing like the "players of that ilk" of your somewhat bitter imagination.

It cracks me up how the same fans who decry our game not having any famous personalities, stars or characters who can cut through to general sports audiences anymore always seem to hate the ones that do - if they play for another team! Especially if they play well against your team it seems. Our sport needs more Mikey Lewis types, not less.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Very entertaining game. Better team won.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

27 minutes ago, dkw said:

I meant more the inside the 10 from a kick thing, they were being much more lenient if a player just stood around. I get that sort of, but even not interfering could take the attention of a defender.

Imagine if Ellery Hanley played now, he'd really struggle with the downtown rule, he spent half his time in the defending teams line when his team had the ball...

He wasn’t really ‘Downtown’ though was he as quoted by the ref. The lazy sod didn’t even retire behind the ptb, therefore should have no involvement in the play whatsoever. 

He would have had more use being a traffic light on the Humber Bridge on that play, never mind following play being within 10 meters !

At least Hanley retired behind the ptb. Shaun Edwards was the same. 

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

“Come on Mikey” says the female BBC commentator as Lewis goes for the conversion.

FFS!

Sharon's a York lass, and Mikey Lewis was loved at the Knights when he was on loan with us a couple of seasons ago and got us to the 1895 cup final. Bit of retrospective home-town bias there 😄

• Like 1