• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:08 PM

The club are asking for help from as many people as possible to help clear the ground from 8.30am on Saturday and Sunday morning so that if the pitch is anywhere near playable, we can get the game on.

The club will post updates on the website throughout the day on Saturday regarding possibilities of play and the need for further help on Sunday.

The club is doing it's level best to get a game on and all offers of help is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Robin.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#2 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

bit of a turnaround from our lunchtime chat bud!!! cool.gif

#3 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Robin. Wouldnt it be the best bet to have a ref inspection as early as possible Saturday morning?. Taking into account the present conditions, I cannot see the field situation altering much over Saturday night. If his decision was favourable, put it on the forum and we could then prevent a wasted journey and effort.

#4 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Jan 7 2010, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robin. Wouldnt it be the best bet to have a ref inspection as early as possible Saturday morning?. Taking into account the present conditions, I cannot see the field situation altering much over Saturday night. If his decision was favourable, put it on the forum and we could then prevent a wasted journey and effort.

just thought exactly the same myself. Already some of our leading football clubs have called their games off. With the current weather an early pitch inspection is the way to go. Save a lot of time and effort.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Jan 7 2010, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just thought exactly the same myself. Already some of our leading football clubs have called their games off. With the current weather an early pitch inspection is the way to go. Save a lot of time and effort.

Some sense in that. Last season about 5 of us turned up and worked our socks off in freezing weather and then it was cancelled.

#6 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

Yes but look at the scheduled HUNSLET v KEIGHLEY game the other weekend--- we (HUNSLET) brought a local based referee in on the Saturday. and he declared the pitch playable.-- the match day referee arrived from St Helens on the Sunday 1 hour before the scheduled kick off time and called it off.

You just can't win in those situations , the best advice is to play safe and call it off.

#7 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

I've a lot of sympthy for the club in this predicament. Whatever they do it might go belly up. From a finance point of view they are desperate to get the game on. I do think an early decision is the best way to go. If it's not playable Sat morning then chances are it won't be Sun. So call it off.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

With the forcast for the next week this match wont be on, Halifax have cancelled their match for Sunday. Even if the playing surface is playable (which it wont be) the surrounding area wont be safe for the public. I can not see the council helping out with grit salt on the footpaths to the ground.

Looks like a couple of week before we see a friendly yet not good preperation for all the clubs this season bet they are pulling there hair out.

#9 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Anybody got a mate who works for the council and drives a gritter? A couple of trips round the car park wouldn't go amiss wink.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Jan 7 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody got a mate who works for the council and drives a gritter? A couple of trips round the car park wouldn't go amiss wink.gif

I thought we already employed the council at the ground. Going back to what has been said. The match was called off last year by the referee while we were still working. An early examination would help us all. If it were declared fit subject to A,B,or C I would be down like a shot.

#11 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Jan 7 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in the present circumstances bud even an official approach may be turned down.they aint even doin the estate roads so to find the time and grit to do private car parks may be frowned upon by the general public even if the club paid for it!

#12 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

im coming down to do my part but iv just seen this picture

gorgeouse view but doesnt fill me with confidence

Attached Files

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#13 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

UPDATE:--

There has been a slight upward revision in the weather forecast. Another cold one is expected tonight but Saturday night is not now expected to have massively low temperatures and will be bordering on 0 degrees. Sunday will be above freezing but I won't be in my shorts.

I'm reliably informed that despite the horrible temperatures, the grass is still yeilding under the snow, which is very encouraging.
If there is the slightest opportunity of getting the game on, both clubs are eager to do so. So again, any offers to clear the ground and immediate areas on Saturday and SUnday from 8.30am will be greatley appreciated.

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Come on down, - you know it makes sense! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by Robin Evans, 08 January 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#15 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 8 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on down, - you know it makes sense! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

the words "shovel" and "bob" in the same sentence will cause outrage bud biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#16 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

forecast for up to sunday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#17 B l u e b e a r d

B l u e b e a r d
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ha .... Ya all guna work very hard to clear the snow ,then when Sunday comes it will be too hard to play because youve lifted the fields blanket of protection ... The game will be off

Bluebeard sleep.gif Refrigeration Engineer
ANDY !!!!

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

i would imagine the plan is to try and get the ground and necessary surrounding areas clear on saturday, then when it's above freezing on sunday morning, clear the pitch of snow to reveal a playable pitch underneath!

Robin evans
registered nurse!

#19 B l u e b e a r d

B l u e b e a r d
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Hmmm mi hearty that sounds like a good idea rolleyes.gif ...But !!! come game time is the pitch going to be frozen because by my reckoning it aint gona be above freezing Sunday morning .. I do love all your enthuiasm though to try and get the game on mi heartys biggrin.gif NEVER SAY NEVER tongue.gif

Bluebeard ... Refrigeration Engineer / Best mascot in R.L laugh.gif

ANDY !!!!

#20 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

from what iv en told the plan is to leave clearing the pitch till late on sunday
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users