New Signing ?

BIG EAGLE

Listening to Radio Sheffield this morning on the way to work, Sheffield Eagles were mentioned in conjunction with a new signing from Doncaster but the traffic news from Leeds interupted and I didn't here the rest. Can anyone shed any light on the subject.....

Edited by BIG EAGLE
big_eagle.gif

dont get too excited.....Groom would offer far more......this bloke does not have a mark on him after a game he doesnt even need a shower !! not because he is so good nobody can lay a finger on him, but because he never takes the ball to the line or likes getting tackled....not a bad kicker though. My brother in law is a donny fan and said god knows what eagles saw in him and to swap for a player that cant get in the eagles side says it all really.

Many Thanks for your real concern re the Eagles....Both Kesik & Brown were not in the team that beat the Bully Dogs so you must be rather worried for next season to post on this subject.....Perhaps you had your eye on the two said players......By the way is your brother in law happy to sign up a player who can't get into the Eagles side? I'd have signed him, he came through our local club, he's a top lad, age is on his side.......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

Many Thanks for your real concern re the Eagles....Both Kesik & Brown were not in the team that beat the Bully Dogs so you must be rather worried for next season to post on this subject.....Perhaps you had your eye on the two said players......By the way is your brother in law happy to sign up a player who can't get into the Eagles side? I'd have signed him, he came through our local club, he's a top lad, age is on his side.......

From my point of view [a Donny fan that actually exists :lol:;) ], Brown is a good little player, he still has a lot to learn, and needs to be willing to take the ball into contact a bit more than he does, but I have no doubts he'll do well at Sheffield.

I like Kyle Kesik a lot as a player, he always seems to be busy, and gives 100% no matter what.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

The Club can now confirm two signings.

Hooker, Andrew Henderson, has signed from Barrow, previous clubs include; Gatehead Thunder, Castleford Tigers, Balmain Tigers, and Salford.

Half back, Simon Brown, has signed from local rivals Doncaster.

hawk-eye.gif

??? Can I have a pint of what you have been on.....Yeah you beat the Bulldogs which was a real achievement considering there was no half back after 15 minutes....and you were nearly beaten with a prop and second rower in the halves !! and looking at signing them errr doubt it but brown is a prolific try scorer - tries in Championship 1 al season.......ZERO !! Anyway must go need to be up early in the morning to get my blackpool tickets :D

I don't condone under age drinking, so the answer is no........Oh, by the way it is a team game, try scoring prowess is not necessarily why you sign a player......Organisable skills are a must in the game......

Edited by Eagletarian

eagletarian.gif

From my point of view [a Donny fan that actually exists :lol:;) ], Brown is a good little player, he still has a lot to learn, and needs to be willing to take the ball into contact a bit more than he does, but I have no doubts he'll do well at Sheffield.

I like Kyle Kesik a lot as a player, he always seems to be busy, and gives 100% no matter what.

Simon Brown used to play with my lad in the Lock Lane Team. I could never see what anybody saw in him. Be better in Rugby Union. Kick , kick,kick. Sorry Simon, nice lad but not up to Championship 1 rugby.

Simon Brown used to play with my lad in the Lock Lane Team. I could never see what anybody saw in him. Be better in Rugby Union. Kick , kick,kick. Sorry Simon, nice lad but not up to Championship 1 rugby.

Well, we're looking for someone who can kick, so it sounds like he'll fit the bill.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

In my book, Brown kicked in straight away............Bergin is the kicker we have been looking for......He has those Smiling Irish Eyes!!!!!

Edited by Eagletarian

eagletarian.gif

Was talking to him in the Melting Pot - I agree, a nice lad

And on Saturday he was definitely good enough

There are two rules for success:

1.) Don't tell all you know.

??? Can I have a pint of what you have been on.....Yeah you beat the Bulldogs which was a real achievement considering there was no half back after 15 minutes....and you were nearly beaten with a prop and second rower in the halves !!

We all have our cross to bear, pal. Injuries happen. It's a tough game. We could point to having Menzie sent off for what was later agreed to be a perfectly good tackle, Ash Lindsay doing half his stint in the sin bin, Danny Mills being penalised for not playing the ball when he wasn't tackled ....... could carry on for ages if I had the time.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"