A dogfight at the top of Super League

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

I reckon Wigan and Wire have nailed the top two spots. This Friday could be make or break for Warrington as to who finishes top. It's down below that's just as interesting. With the Saints, Leeds and Hull losing and Hull KR sneaking up with a win, it's going to be nip and tuck over the next few weeks. Even Huddersfield aren't out of it.

Given the Saints erratic form, it's going to be tough going hanging on to third spot. Hull versus Hull KR is one hell of a match this Thursday, given the situation.

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

top 4 spots all in lancashire

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

If Wigan win against Wire next week then they have the first spot guaranteed I would say, they are showing no signs of faltering at the moment.

Wire still don't have that 2nd sewn up, if we win today we are still only 2 points ahead and we still have Wigan and Saints to play. Saints don't play against us lie they do against Catalans! (the bastards!).

I can see Saints taking 2nd, and Leeds taking 4th, although it is quite positive for the game that those two lost in what is now coming up to the business end of the season.

For the comps sake, Warrington beating Wigan at the DW (whilst unlikely) would be the best result, and could keep it tight at the top until the last week.

#4 The Clan

The Clan
  • Coach
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (TheDuke @ Jul 11 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh?

#5 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

top 4 3 (the next nearest is north west club is Salford - 13th) spots all in lancashire Cheshire, Merseyside & Greater Manchester

Edited for accuracy. rolleyes.gif
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 11 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Wigan win against Wire next week then they have the first spot guaranteed I would say, they are showing no signs of faltering at the moment.

Wire still don't have that 2nd sewn up, if we win today we are still only 2 points ahead and we still have Wigan and Saints to play. Saints don't play against us lie they do against Catalans! (the bastards!).

I can see Saints taking 2nd, and Leeds taking 4th, although it is quite positive for the game that those two lost in what is now coming up to the business end of the season.

For the comps sake, Warrington beating Wigan at the DW (whilst unlikely) would be the best result, and could keep it tight at the top until the last week.

Dave, if we win today we are 4 ahead of Saints and 4 behind Wigan.

Next week if Wigan win, they will be the LLS. Wires will then need to make sure we beat saints IF we want second.

I still think we can get first, Wigan have tough games away at leeds and Hull FC.

they haven't lost many games this year and they need to lose before entering the play offs. IMHO.

#7 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 11 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dave, if we win today we are 4 ahead of Saints and 4 behind Wigan.

Next week if Wigan win, they will be the LLS. Wires will then need to make sure we beat saints IF we want second.

I still think we can get first, Wigan have tough games away at leeds and Hull FC.

they haven't lost many games this year and they need to lose before entering the play offs. IMHO.

We are in for some thrills and spills which is going to be facinating. I'd say near on two capacity crowds this week.

It's all there up for grabs to who can keep their cool under the pressure. Bring it on.

#8 GazCoops

GazCoops
  • Coach
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

Have Salford moved up the table since I last looked?

Posted Image

#9 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

sorry top 3

wigan
st helens
wire
leeds
hull kr
hull fc
hudds

thats my top 6

#10 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (TheDuke @ Jul 11 2010, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry top 3

wigan
st helens
wire
leeds
hull kr
hull fc
hudds

thats my top 6

want the lend of some fingers biggrin.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users