Halton Stadium in super league 2011

I don't necessarily agree with all your conspiracies about the St. Helens stadium move, but from previous experience of the tender process for major construction projects - 8 months is not a reasonable time period that can justify the delay. I've been involved in bigger and more complex projects that post planning permission have completed construction tender within 8 weeks.

There does appear to be a bit of smoke and mirrors regarding the funding of the project over the last year than covered by the press releases, but thats not unexpected in the current economic climate. At the end of the day I don't think that most Saints fans will bother as long as they are in the new stadium by 2012 which is looking all the more likely now. It's just a shame that some have to troll about Wigan's situation (which has no relevance whatsoever and is an arrangement that our club appear content with) rather than rely on the significant positives for their club.

The time for assigning the contractor would have already have been factored in, there is a missing eight months.

Its must be worth putting a time line together of events, statements promises and actualities. Not that I would ever go to the trouble of doing such a thing.

Such a time line may show an announcement that they were going out to tender and then nothing, zero, zilch until the RFL start throwing threats about and then lo and behold McMannus and friends have to convert loans to shares and pump in a huge chunk of cash to ensure they have the funding to keep up their end of the bargain since nobody else was coming forward to plug the gap. They obviously put the club up as collateral but they financers felt they were being sold short i.e Saints had overvalued themselves (or someone had).

If anyone would want to conduct such an excercise to see how many coincidences their are I am sure it would be interesting.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't mind moving to widnes full time as long as we can have their first team in exchange..............

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

The time for assigning the contractor would have already have been factored in, there is a missing eight months.

Its must be worth putting a time line together of events, statements promises and actualities. Not that I would ever go to the trouble of doing such a thing.

Such a time line may show an announcement that they were going out to tender and then nothing, zero, zilch until the RFL start throwing threats about and then lo and behold McMannus and friends have to convert loans to shares and pump in a huge chunk of cash to ensure they have the funding to keep up their end of the bargain since nobody else was coming forward to plug the gap. They obviously put the club up as collateral but they financers felt they were being sold short i.e Saints had overvalued themselves (or someone had).

If anyone would want to conduct such an excercise to see how many coincidences their are I am sure it would be interesting.

at least wigan can give saints some tips as to being tennants instead of owning their own ground. there but for the grace of dave whelan go the pies.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg