Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford City Reds v Leeds Rhinos

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Salford City Reds v Leeds Rhinos (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Leeds (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Salford 12 - 18 Leeds. Who said Leeds would run away with it in the last quarter? sad.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#22 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

12 - 22 now. ######!

#23 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

18 - 29 Now. All over.

#24 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

22 - 31. F-T. Leeds win.

Sounds like a respectable performance by Salford, though.

#25 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Jul 25 2010, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
22 - 31. F-T. Leeds win.

Sounds like a respectable performance by Salford, though.

It does Tony, and most of the time if your team does give 100% you can come away at least pleased that they performed. It's when you can't see the effort it gets you down

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#26 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

Really annoyed at the final hooter, and this was a closer game than the score suggests.

Salford missed holdsworth and I think Leeds missed Peacock.

Leeds are not the team they were, and is it my imagination or have they got dirtier?

#27 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Red Willow @ Jul 25 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really annoyed at the final hooter, and this was a closer game than the score suggests.

Salford missed holdsworth and I think Leeds missed Peacock.

Leeds are not the team they were, and is it my imagination or have they got dirtier?

We can't get any dirtier to some people, from 1 to 17 we're the dirtiest team to have ever walked the earth.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#28 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 25 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can't get any dirtier to some people, from 1 to 17 we're the dirtiest team to have ever walked the earth.

Now you see biggrin.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#29 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 25 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now you see biggrin.gif

Again, whatever, was I thinking wacko.gif

#30 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 25 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, whatever, was I thinking wacko.gif

laugh.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#31 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

Maybe not the dirtiest but certainly the most cynical. No doubting that at all after watching their antics today. Maguire has now lost that yard - he had a chance first half when given 5 yards and was caught by the 25 yard line. Leeds were fortunate that Bentham was Ref today otherwise it would have been mighty close.

#32 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Segovia Carpet @ Jul 25 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe not the dirtiest but certainly the most cynical. No doubting that at all after watching their antics today. Maguire has now lost that yard - he had a chance first half when given 5 yards and was caught by the 25 yard line. Leeds were fortunate that Bentham was Ref today otherwise it would have been mighty close.

You do what you can to win games, every other club does it, why not Leeds?

#33 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Bentham wasn't at his best, that last Leeds try there were at least 2 knock ons that he missed.

Why did the TJ come on only for Bentham to ignore him? was it the hit on the Leeds kicker?

#34 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Red Willow @ Jul 25 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bentham wasn't at his best, that last Leeds try there were at least 2 knock ons that he missed.

Why did the TJ come on only for Bentham to ignore him? was it the hit on the Leeds kicker?

Yes RW but it was the play before so Bentham could do nothing about it.

#35 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Segovia Carpet @ Jul 25 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the refs calls evened themselves out over the 80 minutes, he gave everything to salford in the first half which along with their clever handling and kicking helped them to a half time lead. We were the better team in the second half by a mile but unlike you were more clinical when we had the territory. Salford looked better when they were shifting the ball around but chose a more conservative approach in the 2nd half which played into leeds hands. As for leeds being dirtier, didn't see anything particulary nasty throughout the game even though there were a few handbags when cashmere started throwing his weight about. Overall, a decent game in a good old fashioned ground with the usual partisan atmosphere from a small but vocal home contingent. One of my favourite awadays.

#36 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

Cashmere throwing his weight about!

he reacted to his team mate being held by the arms by a Leeds player so another Leeds player could hit him. Salford got very few pens in the first half.

Over the whole game leeds deserved the win but it leaves a nasty taste when head tackles on Tyrer went unpunished, yet the borderline one by Fitzy (I don't think it was) led to a try.

#37 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Jul 25 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does Tony, and most of the time if your team does give 100% you can come away at least pleased that they performed. It's when you can't see the effort it gets you down

Absolutely agree, amh. I can forgive (almost) anything if a player or team is trying their best.

#38 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Jamie jones buchanan made reference on a podcast to the "reception" the leeds players got as they left the field. He said he loves that kind of thing because it gees him up been a leeds lad. Credit to the salford fans, not many supporters would hang around at the end to chant "you're gonna win ###### all". For one of the smallest crowds they certainly generate an atmosphere in that place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users