Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Saints Stadium 3D Tour

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 957 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 28 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif Good to hear - quite right too!

I don't think that Saints will need a higher capacity any time soon. I think they have been pretty sensible with the capacity, and is ideal for some of the RFL games.

Clubs should only look to increase their capacity if they sell out pretty much week in week out. Not because 2 games a year could get a bigger crowd, yet otherwise there are thousands of empty spaces.

Wigan are leading the way in marketing and getting the crowds in and offer very reasonable prices, yet even they would only have had 3 sellouts in a ground the size of Saints' this year, and two of those games had plenty of effort in.

18,500 is a good capacity for a Rugby club of either code, and even with 12k in will probably be a very good atmosphere.

I agree that the 18500 is a good capacity to start with and will suit most games; my point is that if Saints can get 17500 to Knowsley Rd for the Wigan and Warrington games, they should, in plush new surroundings be able to sell out 18500 for such fixtures and have demand over that figure if marketed correctly.

It would be a shame if at some point in the future the club was unable to increase capacity in a cost effective manner because such a scenario/ plan hadn't been incorporated into the original build.

#42 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (nec @ Jul 27 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only ask because there are very few urban areas in the UK with a lower ethnic minority population. You may complain about Scouse accents and poor grammar, but inability to speak English through not being a native speaker is unlikely

Also rumoured to have one of the narrowest gene pools wink.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users