RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Screen First Championship League One Game Of The Season

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Next Thursday from the South Leeds Stadium, Hunslet Hawks v Workington Town, Kick-off 19:33

#2 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Please be gentle Hunslet.... mellow.gif

#3 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

biggrin.gif Got it marked on the calendar, and told the wife she is going round to her friends for a couple of hours.

None of this namby pamby superleague rubbish we are forced to watch week in, week out. Now for some 'proper' rugby on't telly ........ wink.gif

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#4 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Townie @ Jul 27 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif Got it marked on the calendar, and told the wife she is going round to her friends for a couple of hours.

None of this namby pamby superleague rubbish we are forced to watch week in, week out. Now for some 'proper' rugby on't telly ........ wink.gif

A drubbing in front of a few hundred all sat in the same stand as the cameras. I'll watch it to see holty and Stewart Rhodes
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#5 Whacky Llama

Whacky Llama
  • Coach
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

Will it be in 3D? biggrin.gif

#6 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Whacky Llama @ Jul 27 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will it be in 3D? biggrin.gif

They'll be lucky if the cameras are still there before kick off in South Leeds wink.gif

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#7 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 27 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They'll be lucky if the cameras are still there before kick off in South Leeds wink.gif

That just made me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Workington pushed York all the way Sunday gone, so it shouldn't be a pushover for the Hawks.

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,439 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (nec @ Jul 27 2010, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A drubbing in front of a few hundred all sat in the same stand as the cameras. I'll watch it to see holty and Stewart Rhodes

I hope you don't see too much of him nec as he is definitely past his best at 40 years of age. He'll probably get 5 minutes each half.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Keith T @ Jul 27 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you don't see too much of him nec as he is definitely past his best at 40 years of age. He'll probably get 5 minutes each half.

I nearly PM'ed you to let you know George Graham and Hughie Waddell were both living locally if Town were building a Masters team when I saw you'd signed Stewart. Then I remembered what a big lad he was ...
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#10 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (nec @ Jul 27 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I nearly PM'ed you to let you know George Graham and Hughie Waddell were both living locally if Town were building a Masters team when I saw you'd signed Stewart. Then I remembered what a big lad he was ...

Yeah, big as in "oil tanker turning circle" big.

#11 raiders4sl

raiders4sl
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Keith T @ Jul 27 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stewart Rhodes was a pretty good player in his day. Definitely stood out in the Barrow team of the mid-90s. (Mind you, that's not saying much wink.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users