League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Widnes Co-operative Championship Tonight KO 7.30 PM.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Mick

I never gloat about sport because what goes around comes around but hey fella I'm gonna allow myself a bit of leeway this time as I reckon you have had it coming. biggrin.gif

Stating this fully aware that we will go away to your place in the play offs and it will be a different kettle of fish.

#22 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Aug 18 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wheels well n truely off

Lol, nobody took the bait because it was just your run-of-the-mill Mick Wilson post mate!

Pleased with that tonight, although I'd prefer to see a more ruthless streak at the end.

RS is right though, this means nothing now going into the play-offs except that we seem to be hitting some form which will hopefully lead to some much needed confidence, and not the dreaded 'believing the hype' (seen many times by Widnes fans in recent years)

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Bomb Jack @ Aug 18 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final Score

Barrow 14 - Widnes 32.

Not even a Bonus Point ohmy.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Sick Mick Wilson or what ?? wink.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Does this mean a return for Widnes in the play offs??? ...please ignore my ignorance, not looked at the Champ play off system.

#24 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Yep

#25 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

Apparently if Leigh win on Sunday we're away at Barrow, then Leigh, then either Fax or Fev.

We've been better away from Home all Season, but that's a tall ask by anyone's standards.........
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#26 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

With one game left is there not a chance of us facing Leigh (if they lose to Sheffield and Barrow beat Fev)? According to THIS Leigh are 3 pts clear of Barrow, albeit with a much better (32 pts) points difference.

#27 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Too slow, my bad. Wot he sed..........

#28 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (RS @ Aug 19 2010, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mick

I never gloat about sport because what goes around comes around but hey fella I'm gonna allow myself a bit of leeway this time as I reckon you have had it coming. biggrin.gif

Stating this fully aware that we will go away to your place in the play offs and it will be a different kettle of fish.

I honestly think were done, we will not win again this season.

To indiciplined, to much mouthing off, confidence shattered , certain players not trying enough, no one to replace them with, Bareck, Broady & Flat-bar earned there pay tonight according to those there.

Season over methinks.

Edited by mick wilson, 18 August 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#29 urbancarrot

urbancarrot
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

The reigning champions against the best supported team in the championship mustering 1328 between themselves... ouch!

#30 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (urbancarrot @ Aug 18 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
best supported team in the championship

Best supported Home Team maybe, and probably away too.

You won't get many travelling to Barrow from Widnes after work on a Wednesday night...............
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#31 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (urbancarrot @ Aug 18 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reigning champions against the best supported team in the championship mustering 1328 between themselves... ouch!

Our crowds speak for themselves. Barrow, well, a catastrophe. This was meant to be a big fixture for them.

#32 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Aug 19 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our crowds speak for themselves. Barrow, well, a catastrophe. This was meant to be a big fixture for them.

Like I say they have lost 800 supporters this season which for a club at this level will have far reaching consequences.

#33 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

Does the fact that Barrow have now been comfortably beaten by Widnes and are now only 4 points ahead of Widnes mean that they are now not ready for Super League? Many people were saying that they deserved a chance because of what they had done on the pitch in comparison to Widnes and that Widnes' inclusion would be a farce.

Just goes to show why you can't solely base licensing on what happens on the pitch, Barrow are no more or less ready than they were 2 or 3 weeks ago ffs and neither are Widnes. Form is temporary while class is permanent.

Also it hopefully goes some way to dispelling the idea that we purposefully have put out a weak side this year because we knew we'd get a franchise. We put out as competitive a side as last year that have had problems this year.

Now we're getting players back and playing quite well, we could yet throw a spanner in the works of a couple of clubs in their march for the Championship.

#34 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Maximus Decimus @ Aug 19 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the fact that Barrow have now been comfortably beaten by Widnes and are now only 4 points ahead of Widnes mean that they are now not ready for Super League? Many people were saying that they deserved a chance because of what they had done on the pitch in comparison to Widnes and that Widnes' inclusion would be a farce.

The cap is what, 350k in the Championship, get into Super League with the TV money alone and the million pound turnover rule you'll be looking at a wage bill of realistically 1 million to 1.2 million minimum, so realistically the starting XIII of whoever goes up will probably have as much in common with the team that loses there license than it does with the team they are putting out week in week out now in the Championship.

On Friday 28th March I'm taking part in the Wigan Streetsleep, raising money for The Brick charity who try to ensure nobody in Wigan finding themselves homeless spends a 2nd night on the streets and providing help and support via a foodbank.  Every penny counts so if you can spare anything at all its much appreciated - this link will take you to my sponsorship page thanks.

#35 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 19 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I say they have lost 800 supporters this season which for a club at this level will have far reaching consequences.

Tommy that's twice you have said this recently, our gate our down by about 350 / 400 from our 1st in a long time champ 1 winning side when extra speccies turn out to see the winning team etc, theres bound to be a dip next season when yer not doing quite as well, but this big a drop is a worry.

The team / club deserve better than losing 350 / 400 in my opinion, but we have high unemployment/ reccession as do others blah blah.

Last nights att is WRONG ........I wont publiclly state wht here, PM me if you need to know.

#36 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Aug 19 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tommy that's twice you have said this recently, our gate our down by about 350 / 400 from our 1st in a long time champ 1 winning side when extra speccies turn out to see the winning team etc, theres bound to be a dip next season when yer not doing quite as well, but this big a drop is a worry.

The team / club deserve better than losing 350 / 400 in my opinion, but we have high unemployment/ reccession as do others blah blah.

Last nights att is WRONG ........I wont publiclly state wht here, PM me if you need to know.

Why? Was it even lower?! huh.gif

#37 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

A really good all round performance for the Vikings who at last have finally been able to field near enough the same team in the last few matches.

#38 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Maximus Decimus @ Aug 19 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now we're getting players back and playing quite well, we could yet throw a spanner in the works of a couple of clubs in their march for the Championship.

Amusing is'nt it.

They all think we're ######.

But they'd all prefer us to be out, just to be on the safe side.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#39 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (mick wilson @ Aug 19 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought there looked more on last night.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#40 red box

red box
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

The club have now issued an amended crowd figure of over 1,700
(mistake made due to secretary being on holiday and someone not counting season tickets)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users