Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone know where I can buy "Daydream Believer"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I've just become aware of this Stanley Gene autobiography and I'm very keen to read it but I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. I've tried Ebay, Amazon and play and of course googled it.

Does anyone know of a place that stocks the book, or does anybody have a copy lying around they wouldn't mind selling? Sounds like a great book.

And on a side note, I'm very sorry that Stanleys stay at Halifax came to a sour end. I'm not sure what has happened but it's a shame a Legend like him should come to our club and it ends on a bad note. I wish Stan all the best...and maybe a return to Fax as this is all a misunderstanding? tongue.gif

Thankyou
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

the hull kr shop normally has some the online shop through the website might also stock them

Edited by TheDuke, 31 August 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

this is taken from stanleys testimonial web site which is a couple of years old now, but you never know.

Anyone who would like to receive a copy by post please send a cheque for 15 inc P&P payable to Stanley Gene Testimonial Fund and send to Mike Smith at 20 St Bartholomews Way, Saltshouse Road, Hull HU8 0FD.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,887 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

Try reading Peter Pan instead. I understand the storylines are similar. rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, if you find a stockist in Hull that are unwilling to send you a copy, let me know and I'll sort it for you.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 1 2010, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try reading Peter Pan instead. I understand the storylines are similar. rolleyes.gif

I found it has more similarities to the Cliff Richard autobiography. I'm sure if you contact a SG testimonial committee member as mentioned by mm they might be able to get you a signed copy. Believe me it's a very funny and sometimes poignant account of Stan's life and is well worth 2.50*.

*Just joking Stan wink.gif

Edited by deluded pom?, 02 September 2010 - 08:16 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Keep trying; it's a good read and well worth the search.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users