Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Radford Wins Appeal

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 motorface

motorface
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

Love Bailey or loathe him (and I know most people loathe him) he certainly gets people talking about him! I'd personally like to see a few more like him in the game, we all like a good pantomime villian to shout at!

#42 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

The whole saga was a farce. The RFL look stupid from start to finish. Time for Cummings to go.

#43 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 9 2010, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't comment on the Radford/Fielden comparisons as I didn't see the Hudds/Wigan game, unfortunately.

You put a pursuasive argument forward but having seen Bailey launch a headbutt attempt at Hull's smallest player in Sean Long, I would argue, but for good forune in him failing, he most definitely would not have stayed within the bounds of the rules. Likewise, had it not been for it being the last tackle of the RL Cup final, his landing on Wire's smallest player (is there a theme here?) Riley with his forearm would surely have had greater punishment.

The reason he failed was because he tried to do it while hiding behind two team-mates.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#44 AfghanHound

AfghanHound
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

A cowardly act from a supposed 'hardman'. Hitting a player who is on all fours while looking down at the ground? Is that what League's hardmen are reduced to? I actually fancy my chances now against Radford.

#45 yehhoo

yehhoo
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (AfghanHound @ Sep 11 2010, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A cowardly act from a supposed 'hardman'. Hitting a player who is on all fours while looking down at the ground? Is that what League's hardmen are reduced to? I actually fancy my chances now against Radford.

Well if your game I am sure Lee will take you on for charity match and Bailey as well

#46 yehhoo

yehhoo
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

[quote name='Lee' date='Sep 9 2010, 05:32 PM' post='2116973']
I havent mentioned Bailey nor was my post about Bailey's actions
[/qu
How is it irrelevant, was his eye cut before the punches?

It was cut by one of the punches so obviously its relevant

OH you ment the ground got its eye cut then rolleyes.gif

#47 AfghanHound

AfghanHound
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (yehhoo @ Sep 11 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if your game I am sure Lee will take you on for charity match and Bailey as well

Can I drive a tank into the ring?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users