Terry newton Last interview with Brian Carney Sept 2010

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gixxer

Gixxer
  • Coach
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

The link below is as the header says Terrys last interview. You may have seen it but I hadn't and I can tell you the sincerity of the man brought tear to my eyes. He was for all his faults, a great man and a humble man. You can easily see he was broken, because his lifes love had ceased to be. At times there are signs of strong emotion. I'm sorry if this is a double thread but I think it warrants a page of its own.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

Thanks.

But difficult to watch and heartbreaking.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:19 AM

If anybody can bring themselves to watch this at the moment, the full programme can still be watched from the Sky Sports website under the videos section.

#4 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

yeah, remember watching this and its just his remorse that comes through. He doesnt actaully answer any of Brians questions as he just wants to get through how sorry he was. Brian was trying to get out of him the actual process of taking this stuff but couldnt get an answer.

Love to know which player supplied the stuff, he has a lot to answer for

#5 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (carlos @ Sep 29 2010, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, remember watching this and its just his remorse that comes through. He doesnt actaully answer any of Brians questions as he just wants to get through how sorry he was. Brian was trying to get out of him the actual process of taking this stuff but couldnt get an answer.

Love to know which player supplied the stuff, he has a lot to answer for

I can understand that some would think this way, but ultimately we, as adults, are responsible for our own actions. What's more I feel that the interview with Terry showed that he felt the same way and was desperately trying to atone. It's the same old clich, and it doesn't get any easier, but it really is all a very sad waste of a man's life.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#6 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,075 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Bulliac @ Sep 29 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can understand that some would think this way, but ultimately we, as adults, are responsible for our own actions. What's more I feel that the interview with Terry showed that he felt the same way and was desperately trying to atone. It's the same old clich, and it doesn't get any easier, but it really is all a very sad waste of a man's life.

I'd love to see a change to the anti-doping regulations where a banned player gets a 50% ban reduction if they give enough evidence to secure a conviction against their supplier. As it stands, there's absolutely no incentive for the banned player to come up with a name once the ban is handed out.

It's the suppliers that cause the hurt, without them there would be far fewer opportunities for players like Terry to get hold of banned substances.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#7 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Sep 29 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to see a change to the anti-doping regulations where a banned player gets a 50% ban reduction if they give enough evidence to secure a conviction against their supplier. As it stands, there's absolutely no incentive for the banned player to come up with a name once the ban is handed out.

It's the suppliers that cause the hurt, without them there would be far fewer opportunities for players like Terry to get hold of banned substances.

It's many years ago since I meddled with a bit of weed and I think I'm safe with the statute of limitations etc. Certainly back in the sixties and seventies most people got stuff from 'friends'. It was always friends to whom you would speak about it, and many people had a friend who got a bit more than he needed and would sell it on. Not that I would have called him a "dealer", not even sure the term existed back then, to be honest.

He didn't make much either; there was no BMW, with or without blacked out windows, he was just a mate, which if any semblance of this remains - and I must point out I have no idea whether it does or not as I haven't indulged since Adam was a lad, well since I was a lad - then it will be difficult to find many willing to shop a mate.

I'd guess sports drugs might be a bit different though since these things are (apparently) available over the net from countries where they are not illegal, so I'm not sure if dobbing in a IP address would be of any benefit to the authorities in this country. Though the scumbags who cut up and sell on bastardised versions of god knows what to kids, from some back alley or from a car, deserve all they get when caught. Sadly the political will isn't there to do anything effective about it.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#8 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Sep 29 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest, so long as there is a demand for drugs of any kind there will be somone ready to sell them. Better education of players and harsher bans are the way forward for performance enhancing drugs imho.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users