1. I love competitive Rugby. It's why I am a supporter of the game.
2. It doesn't change the fact that RL at the highest level will always struggle unless some hard decisions are made and a decisive 10 or 15 year plan is put in place.
3. I don't have the answer by the way, but I tell you that Leigh replacing Wakefield isn't going to attract sponsors or new fans to the game. The selfish/club centric nature of our game needs to be addressed....no club or group of clubs should be bigger than the game but RL as a game in both hemispheres is a classic case of the tail wagging the dog!
1. Then why tell me how boring it is at present? This system, after a league competition, matches off the teams again at three levels of ability and you get competitive games. Whether it's Saints and Fartown vying for a place at Old Trafford, or Hull looking to pick off Leeds, or heading for the last chance saloon of Leigh.v.Wakey etc etc I find these games highly appealing. Why on earth not??
2. What does that mean? We are what we are, regional, the northern version of rugby, an alternative to soccer, a passion of enough people to be able to form a small pro league and get a couple of hundred £Milllion from TV, and much admired by other sports and sports fans. A tough exciting game, too tough for most to want to play, too close to Union, too much the poor relation to be able to expand into their heartlands, dominated by soccer. A game increasingly an Australian overspill of the NRL as excess antipodean coaches and players plug the gaps we can't fill.
3. You seem to be the sort of fan who loves the game but condemns it for it's inability to become something it isn't and something it can't be. It's market is niche not mainstream, it's facilities are limited and new ones highly expensive, it's players are limited in supply, it's investment is limited, it's how it is, it's not because the RFL and SLE have failed to make the "Hard decisions"
Your last paragraph is typical of a hundred posts this year from a couple of regular posters clamouring for "Franchises" and "The spending shackles being taken off this once big game". Like you they cannot come up with the answers no matter how many times I ask them.
They tease me with the sort of meaningless ambiguity you serve me in paragraph three, or they tell me that there is an answer but it's someone else's job to find it, and they are rubbish because they cannot.
Maybe just maybe the answer is actually the answer all businesses have at their fingertips. They make the best of themselves in the circumstances, with the hand they are dealt.