Programmes

tms

I was invited to submit an article for the programme for the coming season, unfortunately I had to decline , however, I understood that a programme was being produced.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Is it time???

........... to dig up "The wild rover"????

Even the re-prints after 20 years would be funny!!!! :lol:

I think Ian Clayton might be out of our price range now.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

If true, a disgusting state of affairs. Obviously a company that have got their foot in the door.

One here that will not be purchasing. The fans want to be provided with club gossip and information, not what the teams based over the hills are doing. This information can be obtained via the forums.

The club prgramme is another source of communication between the club and it's fans, not everyone has a computer, it also provides a revenue fron advertising for the club and has up to date information, fans views the chairmans views and how the coach feels about his playing staff. The Game on is so impersonal and contrived and with many clubs adding or losing players the squads listed are not always accurate. I always enjoyed writing a piece and I know others who wrote over the years did too. You masy not always have agreed with articles, but at least you had a chance to have your say, you weren't speaking to some corporate editor in downtown Dewsbury. If the club has been ordered to stop production then I would say this is a restriction of trade and ought to be addressed. I know the programmes don't make a fortune for the club but they were our programmes unique to our club.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

scandolous...if this is correct then we should boycott the "Game on" ###### and spend the coulpe of quid on extra golden gamble tickets or an extra pint int Lagoon (sorry for the self interest but it all ends up in FRISA!)..i can manage quite easily if Rovers just produced a team slip..

I for one will not be buying "Game on". It has only little or no interest for me. The programme is an integral part of matchday, it is personal to us and has articles written by people we know. We may not always agree with what is written but it's ours. This corporate rubbish that the powers that be are foisting on us is not wanted. BOYCOTT it. As my good friend Gaz says, get a couple more golden gamble tickets or a beer in the Lagoon. The club benefits, and in a better way than buying that rag.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

game on has to be good. after all, it's how the AUSTRALIANS do it.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Rovers have never NOT been having a programme

work has been going on with it since before Christmas. There will be some changes but not many. This is because of the way the programme has traditionally been planned. It is has been mooted to start work on the 2011 programme during the summer/autumn of this year to produce a bigger more comprehensive publication with improved production values and more features.

Rovers will not be selling GAME ON this year according to the director with whom I work with on the programme.

I don't normally post on here, but felt the record had to be set straight and assumptions made about people or agencies who seemingly were preventing the programme had to be addressed.

regards

chris westwood

programme editor/heritage officer.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Rovers have never NOT been having a programme

work has been going on with it since before Christmas. There will be some changes but not many. This is because of the way the programme has traditionally been planned. It is has been mooted to start work on the 2011 programme during the summer/autumn of this year to produce a bigger more comprehensive publication with improved production values and more features.

Rovers will not be selling GAME ON this year according to the director with whom I work with on the programme.

I don't normally post on here, but felt the record had to be set straight and assumptions made about people or agencies who seemingly were preventing the programme had to be addressed.

regards

chris westwood

programme editor/heritage officer.

Cheers for that Chris. Don't ya love forums for the rumours, we all get hot under the collar about summat. Spend a couple of days huffing and puffing and being "Mr Outraged of Regent St" then it all turns out to be claptrap. Love it!!!!!!!!

DMS. Us fans love to strike whilst the irons hot !!!.

Tell me about it Bob. Back in the day when me and my good friend L Mosley did the Wild Rover we counted the unsubstantiated rumours from the end of one season to start of the next and we got to about 100 before giving up counting.