Lockwood and Pick

The Grinder

Lockwood been out of the game for 2 years, it takes it's toll. would he be good enough to get in this side? i don't know.

My point exactly...I've only been watching Featherstone again for a few years, I started watching them in the 80's then other commitments took over, so I can only comment on the performances from there, when I went to my first game there were 2 players that stood out, Briggs and Worthington, Lockwood was a grafter, (not a second rower in my opinion though) and these players are needed in a team, but like I have stated before, how well will he fit into this team as it stands today, since John Sharp has been coach, the team, atmosphere and general feeling at the club has been great, because as everyone knows, the last few seasons were pretty diabolical.....could he get back to, as some are saying 'super league' quality, as, in my opinion he was an 'OK' player before the ban? I don't know either!

Which is fair enough. If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. C'est la vie.

If he's up for it, able, committed and Sharpy wants him, there is no reason why he shouldn't be back in.

He's done his time.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Which is fair enough. If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. C'est la vie.

If he's up for it, able, committed and Sharpy wants him, there is no reason why he shouldn't be back in.

He's done his time.

My sentiments exactly.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

He's done his time.

Am I right in thinking that Lockwood is a free agent? If so Sheffield should suit him, don't you think?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I believe he is indeed a free agent. Whether the 2 years off has impacted on his abilities or apetite for the game, i don't know.

But as stated, if he's up for it and a coach wants him.... be that fev, sheff or whoever, good luck to the lad. He's paid for his mistake.

I don't see how sheff would suit him any more than any other club

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Archived