Lockwood and Pick

The Grinder

While posting in the other thread about what other signings we should look at, got me thinking about Pick, I know that there has been talk about Lockwood rejoining the club, but I have not heard anything about Pick. Does anyone know what has happened to him, since I thought he had the makings of a good player?

PS for me both players have done there time (as it were) and therefore should be given a second chance, though I understand others may not agree with my point of view.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

if Lockwood does come back, i hope we get him an abacus so he can count his tackles, and stop giving penalties away on the 5th

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Thought I saw on another thread that Pick was joining Toronto? It's a pity because if so it means he's come out of it smelling of roses. I was hoping they would both come back to Fev on the cheap with something to prove, because they certainly owe the club something for upsetting the 2015 squad building plans, which could have been a factor in missing out on the Top 4.

Locky would be a good acquisition if he wasn't demanding top wages, especially as he has shown in the past that he can play in the front row.

So your saying it's acceptable to cheat?, and that this didn't reflect badly on the club?. And as for the quality of the players, we'd get much better from the dual reg Leeds players. For me, we can do better.

Re the first point rather than open a can of worms let's just say they've served their sentence and doesn't everyone deserve a second chance ? In terms of quality that's a matter of opinion. Lockwood was part of that excellent pack we had a few years back without being too dynamic - Pick I thought could have been very good but it sounds like Toronto may have snapped him up anyway.

I don't want to get into the 'drug' debate, everyone has their own views on that I'm sure, but my opinion is that I'm not sure how well he would fit in to the team, I'm all for second chances, but I'm not sure how good a player he really is, as, as its turned out, I've only seen an 'enhanced' player! I thought he was a grafted, but how do I know they were true performances now? That's my concern re Lockwood......as for Pick, he needed to gain some bulk, but I have the same view! The only way they can prove anything is by being given another chance....the debate continues!

I don't want to get into the 'drug' debate, everyone has their own views on that I'm sure, but my opinion is that I'm not sure how well he would fit in to the team, I'm all for second chances, but I'm not sure how good a player he really is, as, as its turned out, I've only seen an 'enhanced' player! I thought he was a grafted, but how do I know they were true performances now? That's my concern re Lockwood......as for Pick, he needed to gain some bulk, but I have the same view! The only way they can prove anything is by being given another chance....the debate continues!

i dont think he will have been on them the whole time he was at fev, probably due a heart bypass if he was. There will be 100s in the game that have taken illegal substances and not got caught,the majority of the championship is part time, so theres added pressure on these lads to hold down a full time job and perform to there best every weekend, not saying its right to take illegal substances, but you can see were the added pressure comes from. As for full time players taking them, who have 24 7 to train and get in there best physical shape, its just silly risking your livelyhood. The lads have been a couple of the unlucky ones that have been caught, done there time so good luck to them what ever there next step in the game is.

Like I said, this is my opinion and everyone has a view on drugs in sport, I am all for second chances and all that, but only time will tell if they have a future in rugby, we can only assume drug taking is rife in sport, but if you don't take them, then you have no fear and if you're good enough to play without them, then there lies their answer!! Their decision to play rugby, their decision to take drugs....

If were talking about giving pack players second chances at the club I think id rather give Cording a second chance to prove himself following his injury than these two

Cording has done nothing wrong and deserves that chance in my opinion

He's done his time. Served his punishment. He can play for us if he likes. Its not for me to impose further punishment to impose further restriction upon the fella

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

With regard to Lockwood:- Is this the same player some are talking about with regard to his playing ability? True, he didn't have the best of seasons in 2014 but before that he was talked about on here as one of the few Fev players that could step up to Super League. He went off a bit after Daryl left, but prior to that it seemed as if he was being groomed as a prop. The subsequent coaches put him back in the second row where he struggled for pace. I think a top class coach like Sharpy could bring him back to his best, probably as a hard working front rower.

Lockwood been out of the game for 2 years, it takes it's toll. would he be good enough to get in this side? i don't know.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

With regard to Lockwood:- Is this the same player some are talking about with regard to his playing ability? True, he didn't have the best of seasons in 2014 but before that he was talked about on here as one of the few Fev players that could step up to Super League. He went off a bit after Daryl left, but prior to that it seemed as if he was being groomed as a prop. The subsequent coaches put him back in the second row where he struggled for pace. I think a top class coach like Sharpy could bring him back to his best, probably as a hard working front rower.

Therein lies the problem. Whilst I would give Lockwood another chance, the fact that we've not seen him at his best since 2013 (and that he's now thirty sonething) is not getting too many people excited.

That said, suggestions that we should remove all of his drug fuelled performances from the record books are ridiculous and I hope he comes back and shows us all what a player he could have been.

Archived