the girls of spearmint rhino

great to see the girls on their protest in sheffield on regional news yesterday, the right to do the job they want to do , one in the eye for the grey cardiganed, do gooder, interference officers, lap dancing clubs do nothing for me but each to their own and I respect their rights of these girls to do that job over the stifling views of the over strung, sexless, unattractive (and yes jealous) brigade

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-48599542

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

great to see the girls on their protest in sheffield on regional news yesterday, the right to do the job they want to do , one in the eye for the grey cardiganed, do gooder, interference officers, lap dancing clubs do nothing for me but each to their own and I respect their rights of these girls to do that job over the stifling views of the over strung, sexless, unattractive (and yes jealous) brigade

About 10 years ago we played the Eagles at Bramhall lane , in one corner was a large hot tub , with a sign saying Spearmint Rhino , after about 10 minutes of the game 3 young ladies in bikini' s came walking past us heading down to the tub , you could apparently win a competition to join them in the Jacuzzi , very nice ?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

About 10 years ago we played the Eagles at Bramhall lane , in one corner was a large hot tub , with a sign saying Spearmint Rhino , after about 10 minutes of the game 3 young ladies in bikini' s came walking past us heading down to the tub , you could apparently win a competition to join them in the Jacuzzi , very nice ?

Did you buy many tickets?

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Interesting quote in that story:

In April, reports claimed private investigators filmed sex acts in the club”

Back in the late 90s a bloke I was at Uni with was working as a junior reporter at the Evening Standard.  At the time Spearmint Rhinos was taking a lot of business away from Stringfellows, and so Peter Stringfellow came up with a plan to get Spearmint Rhinos license revoked   

My old college friend had had some previous dealings with Peter Stringfellow, so he thought that he’d got a great scoop when Peter Stringfellow rang him and told him that the girls at Spearmint Rhino were - if you paid for it - performing rather more than a lap dance.  

He wrote up the story, got it in the Evening Standard, and Peter Stringfellow sat back and waited for the local council to pull Spearmint Rhinos license. 

But the night the story was printed, for some reason Spearmint Rhinos had a queue a hundred meters long whereas Stringfellows was completely empty!

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

About 10 years ago I was working in theatre, and we had a Spanish Lady who spoke no English come for an emergency operation, her daughter translated over the phone from Spain in order to get correct consents, when she was asleep the anaesthetist said his Spanish was limited to "Cerveza, por favour", I said mine was "Donde esta Spearmint Rhino", I nearly had to pick him up off the floor he was laughing so much.

10 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

About 10 years ago I was working in theatre, and we had a Spanish Lady who spoke no English come for an emergency operation, her daughter translated over the phone from Spain in order to get correct consents, when she was asleep the anaesthetist said his Spanish was limited to "Cerveza, por favour", I said mine was "Donde esta Spearmint Rhino", I nearly had to pick him up off the floor he was laughing so much.

For those without any Spanish ," Donde esta " essentially means " where is " 

Archived