Where's shades gone

BIG IAN

Woah woah woah, don't go there. Colin is a fantastic supporter and vice president as long as I can remember and rarely misses a game home or away

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Woah woah woah, don't go there. Colin is a fantastic supporter and vice president as long as I can remember and rarely misses a game home or away

Totally agree Deano. Like many I have at times felt totally exasperated by Col's apparent loyalty to our leader (TITTER!)  I haven't had the opportunity to discuss with him why this is so, whether he still just believes that JG has been correct in his approach, or what the leader says goes syndrome, or whether he is a close personal friend.

Whatever, Mr & Mrs Shades & family can NEVER be criticised re their commitment to the club.

However, having just returned from abroad I have been catching up with the interesting discussions re fans difficult choices on how best to support our club. Until I fully catch up there is just one thing I need to say: Up to now NOTHING has changed my long held belief that our club is being run by a VERY unsuitable person. If that man is still at the helm when/if the club moves into the new stadium it is most unlikely that I would still be involved with the club I have supported for 55 years. 

Totally agree Deano. Like many I have at times felt totally exasperated by Col's apparent loyalty to our leader (TITTER!)  I haven't had the opportunity to discuss with him why this is so, whether he still just believes that JG has been correct in his approach, or what the leader says goes syndrome, or whether he is a close personal friend.

I am lead to believe Mrs Shades is the YCK book keeper.

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

Hi Peter g.Its such a shame when someone feels they can't support their club due to a persons actions.In this case its your chairman. I do hope someone can sort this unfortunate situation out so you can carry on enjoying your rugby league.

Nice to have been missed by so many people - thanks for the support from some and as for the others - well just say it face to face in future

For the record, last time I/we spoke to JG was the 15th March

I am just as pi**ed off as everyone else that the stadium didn't get sorted while we were away, but any comments on here regarding keeping the faith etc are based on positive comments (got the same yesterday) from conversations I have had with other people who I consider to be reliable sources and trust what they say

Getting bored of all the playground bullies on this site.The one person who deserves all the flack is the numpty chairman,not the people who pay to watch the club or those who have in the past done a lot for the club or still do.

When the club was formed again as the knights a lot of people were big players in how the club was run.One by one they all moved on and left Guilford to do what he wanted.Why and how was this allowed.

Some just seem to have a personal agenda against others just because they have a different opinion.Its all very well saying this or saying that but as it stands at the moment what is been said about the clubs future means nothing.

In the long term the true fans trust has been lost and any potential sponsors that we might have got will run a mile from the club now.This is not just down to Guildford,but also the negativity which is been put on this site.

Man up and face reality.Guildford or no Guildford.We have players and staff who try there best every week on the pitch.They dont deserve to see what goes on this site.

Having no ground is not ideal to say the least and going from ground to ground to play our fixtures is a real pain too,but the true fans still have a club.My main concern for the future is how to bring the families and kids back to the games like we used to have.Not the stick in the muds and moaners that appear on this site nowadays.

Yes I'm afraid that I've read a few forums similar to this one when things start as banter and escalate into something rather personal. Sad really.Everyone is entitled to a view.That is democracy. I just want everyone to enjoy their Rugby League.People need to calm down it's nothing personal.

As a great current player once said to me as I was going above and beyond to get the lad to training...

"it's a f###in joke. Guildford's got to get f###ed. No-one else's fault we're in this mess but his. None of us will sign next season if he's still in charge. We'll do our best for the fans this season but I doubt any of is will be at York next year"

True story - verbatim.

John Guildford of York City Knights - What a guy!

Our club, Our city, Our choice. #GuildfordOut

Can't you somehow make the RFL realise if this man remains in charge they risk losing a club.Surely they can't be that blinkered can they?On a personal note I think the game at this level is in decline so to lose any club for whatever reason would be a real bodyblow for the sport.Get shut of Guildford and role on York City Knights.

I'm still waiting to find out if Shades has got any new shades or not from his holiday, it's quicker finding out where our next home game is at!

What do you want me to say? - I try to be more grown up than just slagging people off on here and try to stick to facts

My views on the bigger picture are on here for all to see - might not make Hemel away game, but will be at the next home game if you want to have a chat.

If you go to as many games as we do you will know exactly who we talk to before and after games - typical example - the head coach on Sunday in the middle of his match prep actually bothered to come & have a chat with us 2 about our holiday - and then had a chat about all the other stuff

Some just seem to have a personal agenda against others just because they have a different opinion.Its all very well saying this or saying that but as it stands at the moment what is been said about the clubs future means nothing.

In the long term the true fans trust has been lost and any potential sponsors that we might have got will run a mile from the club now.This is not just down to Guildford,but also the negativity which is been put on this site.

Man up and face reality.Guildford or no Guildford.We have players and staff who try there best every week on the pitch.They dont deserve to see what goes on this site.

Having no ground is not ideal to say the least and going from ground to ground to play our fixtures is a real pain too,but the true fans still have a club.My main concern for the future is how to bring the families and kids back to the games like we used to have.Not the stick in the muds and moaners that appear on this site nowadays.

Excellent post Y.C. I agree with every word and I the one thing that disappoints me is the fact that so many decent supporters that used to come on here have abandoned it to some people who are doing as much damage to our club as what Guilford has done!

Archived