Salford City Reds v Leeds Rhinos

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford
    • Leeds
    • Draw

Really annoyed at the final hooter, and this was a closer game than the score suggests.

Salford missed holdsworth and I think Leeds missed Peacock.

Leeds are not the team they were, and is it my imagination or have they got dirtier?

Really annoyed at the final hooter, and this was a closer game than the score suggests.

Salford missed holdsworth and I think Leeds missed Peacock.

Leeds are not the team they were, and is it my imagination or have they got dirtier?

We can't get any dirtier to some people, from 1 to 17 we're the dirtiest team to have ever walked the earth.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Maybe not the dirtiest but certainly the most cynical. No doubting that at all after watching their antics today. Maguire has now lost that yard - he had a chance first half when given 5 yards and was caught by the 25 yard line. Leeds were fortunate that Bentham was Ref today otherwise it would have been mighty close.

Maybe not the dirtiest but certainly the most cynical. No doubting that at all after watching their antics today. Maguire has now lost that yard - he had a chance first half when given 5 yards and was caught by the 25 yard line. Leeds were fortunate that Bentham was Ref today otherwise it would have been mighty close.

You do what you can to win games, every other club does it, why not Leeds?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I think the refs calls evened themselves out over the 80 minutes, he gave everything to salford in the first half which along with their clever handling and kicking helped them to a half time lead. We were the better team in the second half by a mile but unlike you were more clinical when we had the territory. Salford looked better when they were shifting the ball around but chose a more conservative approach in the 2nd half which played into leeds hands. As for leeds being dirtier, didn't see anything particulary nasty throughout the game even though there were a few handbags when cashmere started throwing his weight about. Overall, a decent game in a good old fashioned ground with the usual partisan atmosphere from a small but vocal home contingent. One of my favourite awadays.

Cashmere throwing his weight about!

he reacted to his team mate being held by the arms by a Leeds player so another Leeds player could hit him. Salford got very few pens in the first half.

Over the whole game leeds deserved the win but it leaves a nasty taste when head tackles on Tyrer went unpunished, yet the borderline one by Fitzy (I don't think it was) led to a try.

It does Tony, and most of the time if your team does give 100% you can come away at least pleased that they performed. It's when you can't see the effort it gets you down

Absolutely agree, amh. I can forgive (almost) anything if a player or team is trying their best.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Jamie jones buchanan made reference on a podcast to the "reception" the leeds players got as they left the field. He said he loves that kind of thing because it gees him up been a leeds lad. Credit to the salford fans, not many supporters would hang around at the end to chant "you're gonna win ###### all". For one of the smallest crowds they certainly generate an atmosphere in that place.