Ah yes, i remeber it well

lorne mosley.

Now there's some nostalgia Lorne, some great feeds there. I've been an hour and seen us score ove 50 tries! From Jakie Fennels days to Chris bibb, Brendan Tuuta, nice to see Whiting in his early years and how good would it be if he was still playing for us?

My all time favourite ever try has to be Micky Smith- Wembley 73!! I was there aged 10 at the time!

Now there's some nostalgia Lorne, some great feeds there. I've been an hour and seen us score ove 50 tries! From Jakie Fennels days to Chris bibb, Brendan Tuuta, nice to see Whiting in his early years and how good would it be if he was still playing for us?

My all time favourite ever try has to be Micky Smith- Wembley 73!! I was there aged 10 at the time!

Mine too, everybody was on there feet cheering me and my Dad included. He sat down thinking he would never get through. I stayed up and couldnt believe my eyes when he crossed. Oh happy days. I was 16 at the time.

The truth is out there?

Mine too, everybody was on there feet cheering me and my Dad included. He sat down thinking he would never get through. I stayed up and couldnt believe my eyes when he crossed. Oh happy days. I was 16 at the time.

It sure was amazing, four men were on him and then he ducks his head and hes through, great memories mate! and what a day! for me our best ever performance against anyone ever and on the games biggest stage, with the whole world watching. I felt so proud that day it lasted a lifetime!

It sure was amazing, four men were on him and then he ducks his head and hes through, great memories mate! and what a day! for me our best ever performance against anyone ever and on the games biggest stage, with the whole world watching. I felt so proud that day it lasted a lifetime!

This was and still is THE classic try. May 12th on my 11th Birthday and I've still got the match programme 35+ years later.

This was and still is THE classic try. May 12th on my 11th Birthday and I've still got the match programme 35+ years later.

Talking of memories ,not of any particular match, i remember being persuaded to go to a match for the very first time,it was anight match ,against bradford northern,my memory is of that magical feeling i felt as i walked up those steps to see the magical Post Office Road ground under floodlights ,december 1994 i believe , that feeling will stay with me forever ,hope no one,minds me posting this, there is a certain Gold about, Post Office Road ,dont you think

Talking of memories ,not of any particular match, i remember being persuaded to go to a match for the very first time,it was anight match ,against bradford northern,my memory is of that magical feeling i felt as i walked up those steps to see the magical Post Office Road ground under floodlights ,december 1994 i believe , that feeling will stay with me forever ,hope no one,minds me posting this, there is a certain Gold about, Post Office Road ,dont you think

i remember that game that was a sky game if i remember, think it was also the first time newlove had been back at Fev since he had gone to Bradford

We got tonked i think that night 40 odd 16

i remember that game that was a sky game if i remember, think it was also the first time newlove had been back at Fev since he had gone to Bradford

We got tonked i think that night 40 odd 16

you are dead right mate, putting the score apart , oh that magical memory, some things you cannot take away

Remember the match when Newy came on with the sand for a kick in front of the Bullock Shed. I think he was half way across the pitch before anyone noticed it was him. To be fair to him he took it well.

IIRC he wasn't playing as he'd refused to play for Great Britain because he wouldn't fly to somewhere (Aus?). I also thought he left in 93 so probably a year before the game Kirkie's talking about.

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

Watersheddings 1988

&

A forty - twenty by Foxy before they were invented

Edited by Trojan

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Remember the match when Newy came on with the sand for a kick in front of the Bullock Shed. I think he was half way across the pitch before anyone noticed it was him. To be fair to him he took it well.

IIRC he wasn't playing as he'd refused to play for Great Britain because he wouldn't fly to somewhere (Aus?). I also thought he left in 93 so probably a year before the game Kirkie's talking about.

I thought that the Bradford game was in the winter of 93. Thinking back I didn't realise that Newlove didn't play. I remember him looking disgustedly at the Bullock shed when they were chanting "Judas". That must have been when he was bringing the sand on. I could have sworn he played in some part ofthe game cos I thought I remember him getting stiff armed. That must have been a different game or he may have got stiff armed bringing the sand on. lol.

My four favorite moments for what its worth.

1) Steve Quinn's final kick in the 83 final.

2) Deryck Fox's last minute try in the last minute of a John Player game at home to Hull Ca. Oct 83 or 84.

3)Dave Barrends' try in the last minute against Bradford to keep us in the top div Ca. April 84

4)I remember Steadman beating the whole Cas side to score at their place on a Friday night circa 89.