Confused?

Phil Loxton

Whilst there was quite a few bewildering decisions made by Mr Halloran on Tuesday evening. Can anyone verify why Rochdale were awarded a penalty while carrying one of our players into touch. Im sure there must have been a simple explanation.

our player passed the ball after the ref shouted held, he completely ignored the fact that the rochdale players should have released our player when he shouted held. it should have been our penalty, a point stu was trying to make.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

our player passed the ball after the ref shouted held, he completely ignored the fact that the rochdale players should have released our player when he shouted held. it should have been our penalty, a point stu was trying to make.
Thanks for that. What gets to me, had that been a tight game it would have swung the match as if I remember rightly Rochdale scored from the penalty. Just nit picking.

Fans seem to know the laws better than the referees these days. If that was the reason for the penalty, how depressing is that? :dry:

The play the ball is getting slower and slower. The game is being ruined. It seems that refs are now turning a blind eye to small problems, but it is making the game 5 tackles and a kick and hope. The fast play the ball made openings, now in all the games I have seen it is a farce.

The play the ball is getting slower and slower. The game is being ruined. It seems that refs are now turning a blind eye to small problems, but it is making the game 5 tackles and a kick and hope. The fast play the ball made openings, now in all the games I have seen it is a farce.

I think it is in response to the refereeing in the last world cup in oz, where holding down is o.k. because they seem to prefer a more stereotyped game (5 drives and a kick) battled out by forwards. I remember after that event, Stuart Cummings saying "...we are not going to change the way we ref the game over here". As he promised and true to his word as usual, refereeing in this country has gone exactly the same way.

I'm sure it's why St. Helens haven't had the same dominance as 3 years ago. Their game then, never gave teams a chance to regroup, it was a consistent barrage of quick play the balls, giving teams no time to reset and get organised in defence. Now with all this wrestling, and dominance in the tackle nonsense, which has resulted in laying on in the tackle, the game has degenerated into what seems more like a gay orgy than arugby match. Not good IMO.

Edited by Pride & Heritage