RIP Gary Purdham

Jeez - what a hell on earth it must have been. Horrific!

It's unlikely anyone will ever know what drove a man to committ an act like this.

Condolences to all affected by today's tragic events.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

how can loved ones of the deceased ever come to terms with anything like this. a sad, sad, day.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

What can one say at a time like this?. Horrific news. Condolences to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy

I just can't believe that this as happened.

How can someone just go around and take so many loved ones away from so many familys?

Although I didn't know Gary Purdham, his name stands out from the years I did the commentating. I'm sure Ovo can back me up when I say that while doing the commentating you remember oposition players more than you do when you are just watching the game.

The Purdham brothers are names that used to stand out, not just because of Rob's progression to Super League but for the years I did the commentating Gary's name would always appear on the team sheet. A little bit like Geof Luxton who always seemed to appear on the Barrow team sheet, Jason Ramshaw at Keighley and Mark Cass at Hunslet.

Gary put his body on the line playing this game for years and it is just not fare that he should be taken away in such a cowardly act of violence.

RIP

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins