Huddersfield Giants v Crusaders RL

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield
    • Crusaders
    • Draw

Not about the game but rather a suggestion about what supporters can do before the game and particularly travelling Welsh fans. Why not set off an hour earlier and visit the Rugby League Heritage Centre. It is located in the basement of the George Hotel which is about a hundred yards from the main railway station. In there you will see a wide collection of items of Rugby League history and memorabilia: digitised century old photographs, jerseys, boots, international caps, trophys, programmes, newspaper cuttings and much more.

On Sunday Simon Foster, the son of the legend Trevor Foster will be in charge to show you around and answer any questions. On Saturday the manager Sam Morton will be there.

Admission to the centre is FREE and on sale are a number of recently published books, novels and magazines.

Definitely a place that all rugby league fans should visit at least once in their lives.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

This is a tough game. Which Crusaders team is going to turn up? I hope the one that beat Leeds turns up and gives the Giants a run for their money. At least Sammut is back, which gives us more creativity in the half-backs so I'm hoping he has a good game.

I'm off to Italy with work tomorrow so I can't travel up to the game unfortunately. It would have been good, as Geoff suggests above, to be able to visit the Heritage centre - Next time.

How am I going to cope without RL for at least a couple of weeks?! Anyway, I'll try and make the Italian competition's grand final during my visit. When in Rome...

This is a tough game. Which Crusaders team is going to turn up? I hope the one that beat Leeds turns up and gives the Giants a run for their money.

A related question is "Which Huddersfield team is going to turn up?"

If Huddersfield send out a side that can catch the ball then the Crusaders will get a thumping. If Huddersfield repeat some of their more spineless performances then it could easily be a Crusaders win.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Huddersfield Giants 0-0 Crusaders RL after 15:00 minutes.

Despite the announcement that Nathan Brown will be staying with the Giants next season, they don't look to be making the greatest of impressions.

Huddersfield Giants 6-6 Crusaders RL after 32:00 minutes.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my assessment of Huddersfield.

Their defending is impeccable, both sides defending has been professional but as I type Sammut has just picked up a loose pass from Kevin Brown and has raced away for a crucial interception try despite a valiant chase back by Cudjoe.

Clinton (don't ask me how I spell his surname) converts and it's all square six apiece.

Huddersfield Giants 16-6 Crusaders RL after 40:00 minutes.

Defence masterclass from the Giants as they repel Crusaders attack after Crusaders attack.

Half-Time hooter goes, maybe the visitors should have taken the two points?

Result

Huddersfield Giants 30-12 Crusaders RL

Attendance 5000 odd

Worrying news that Brett Hodgson left the field injured.

Result

Huddersfield Giants 30-12 Crusaders RL

Attendance 5000 odd

Worrying news that Brett Hodgson left the field injured.

Brett Hodgson is injured very easily these days, He is a wonderful player and i wish we had have had him a few years ago, he would have been a great SO for us , but he would not be able to take the tackles mid field now, he offloads the ball a lot when returning kicks, which i reckon is to avoid the big tackles, I dont blame him he is very lightly built.

As far as the game goes the Giants look a shadow of the side they were a couple of months ago,but they defended well and did enough to win, maybe things will improve now we know who the coach is for next season, Crusaders are a big hard side, and It's easy to see how they have had some good wins. Reffing was a miserable affair for both sides.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt