Stadium Development

Does anyone know what the latest is with our Stadium Development, wasn't there meant to be some kind of public consultation\exhibition on 30th June 2010 hosted by Spawforths at the Chesney Centre?

Dont know but bad news for Cas and Wakefield in today's Yorkshire Post. It seems because of cut backs only one stadium will be approved.

I just hope our business case has no reliance on Local Council funds, grants, loans etc in the current fiscal climate it is a no hope. Solid research and forward order book on tenants and no snake oil and huge estimates on projected revenue points we have a chance. If we build in sustainability and take advantage of ECA's and low carbon buildings programme funds lmore of a chance. I await with interest.

Ackworth Jaguars a team to rival the rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.carbonzerosolutions.com

Just a thought. Is there anything in the Super League small print about a level playing field? They would use any reason to keep us out, re-built stadium or not.

That question could be taken 2 ways.

I think during the development of the site, the pitch would / may be levelled (physically), but when it comes to Red Hall, their level playing field is on a sliding scale depending which team you are :dry:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Does anyone know what the latest is with our Stadium Development, wasn't there meant to be some kind of public consultation\exhibition on 30th June 2010 hosted by Spawforths at the Chesney Centre?

thats correct and they had a nice pretty birdseye view plan of proposed plan ive mailed them and asked if were going to see a copy on the web but had no reply anyway

on existing car park want to build doctors dentist physio sports injuries centre

ground moving towards railway dead ball level with family stand clubhouse on halfway line front of

clubhouse to be removed new main stand to run full lenght with boxes

family stand to be extend with built in training fascilities

covered terracing at both ends with propsed future stands

new road layout to get onto post office road new road built and new row of terrace houses built on existing terracing said planning going in hope to start build winter 11

Is this new stadium for the use of Castleford and Wakefield exclusively? Even if we didn't want it, it should surely include us in it. We are a third of the council tax payers involved in Rugby League. We should have the right to use the stadium on equal terms. Are we being consulted by the Council on our needs?

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Thas more chance o" platting soot, Vic. Despite being classed as a "deprived" area, the re-generation of the area, along with other deprived areas, is sorely lacking.

Excuses being I expect, financial cutbacks. We did not receive so damned much when things were booming.

Council arent funding the Wakey/Cas stadiums as far as I know and if they were they wont be now! Theyre also supporting our case arent they with planning guidance etc.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Council arent funding the Wakey/Cas stadiums as far as I know and if they were they wont be now! Theyre also supporting our case arent they with planning guidance etc.

This excerpt from the Wakefield Express would suggest otherwise:

"DREAMS of two new stadiums for the Wakefield district have been shattered after the Wakefield Wildcats and Castleford Tigers were told they must share.

The original plan was to build a stadium for the Tigers in Glasshoughton and one for the Wildcats in Stanley, each getting

This excerpt from the Wakefield Express would suggest otherwise:

"DREAMS of two new stadiums for the Wakefield district have been shattered after the Wakefield Wildcats and Castleford Tigers were told they must share.

The original plan was to build a stadium for the Tigers in Glasshoughton and one for the Wildcats in Stanley, each getting